+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 135 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

You may recall that Sunderland were quite publically linked with him a few weeks ago.

There will be others.

I would’ve thought that was mainly down to Martin Bain & Walter Smiths influence. There’s not been any other shouts

Spunking good money on Ricky Foster at Bristol must still fresh in the memory

He runs the danger of speaking to them and then not going for/getting the job. Speaking to them alone will be enough for some fans to want him out of the door. Given the chance I'm 100% positive he will at the very least talk to them if they approach him. If he was to tell them to poke it, then i will eat my hat, because he has already had that chance.

Let's face it, anywhere on the scale from 'giving them the respect of listening to what they want to say' even if he doesn't go, a la Sunderland right up to resigning to go there against the club's wishes will be seen as treachery. (Although it would be funny if he spoke to them then told them to poke it.)

The ideal scenario for him is that Aberdeen simply refuse permission for them to talk to him.

Unfortunately that requires Milne to grow a set, which is concerning as he seems far too fond of the taste of hun d1ck.

I really hope that he doesn't go - but if he does I think that there is a succession plan in place and that Robson and Sheerin will be appointed as the new management team.

I reckon that that would be a reasonably good appointment as they have been learning the ropes from Deek.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post

The ideal scenario for him is that Aberdeen simply refuse permission for them to talk to him.

Unfortunately that requires Milne to grow a set, which is concerning as he seems far too fond of the taste of hun d1ck.
    And he is a c@nt

Quote Originally Posted by The_Stolen_Bus View Post
    I really hope that he doesn't go - but if he does I think that there is a succession plan in place and that Robson and Sheerin will be appointed as the new management team.

I reckon that that would be a reasonably good appointment as they have been learning the ropes from Deek.
    Really? 'kinnel........

Would like to see both of involved further involved than they currently are but not as the main men. surely we'd need a more experienced man at the helm?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Stolen_Bus View Post

This sort of idea might make sense if we thought McInnes was some brilliant manager who we merely need to emulate in future, but what we're really talking about here is two unproven coaches trying to copy the approach (and probably doing a worse job) of a manager who is at best slightly above average to begin with.

I like McInnes and I hope he stays because it might derail our season if he leaves, but I'm not convinced he's anything better than competent. He's largely had an open goal here due to the financial situation in the league, the demise of Rangers, Hibs and Hearts, and whatever else. We don't need to be basking in the afterglow of his time here if he does go.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    Let's face it, anywhere on the scale from 'giving them the respect of listening to what they want to say' even if he doesn't go, a la Sunderland right up to resigning to go there against the club's wishes will be seen as treachery. (Although it would be funny if he spoke to them then told them to poke it.)

Thats not how this works.

Milne will talk with DM about whether he wants to talk to them or not. If he says no, Milne will refuse permission. If DM says yes he wants to hear what they have to say, Milne will grant said permission, after playing hard ball over compo.

Milne will not want to be seen to stand in DM's way, otherwise he might be unhappy with how things were handled then look to jump (unlikely but possible).

Personally I dont think he will go, but you never know. If DM truly wants to go to England, he should avoid Iprix, as a cluster**** there will stop any decent offers appearing for a long time. And chances are it will be a cluster**** until their board get the message across to their fans that their "rightful place" is out of their reach for a few more years.

Unfortunately I think there is a good chance he will take it. Even though Steve Clarke now at Kilmarnock he is still worth a shout. No more talk of Derek Adams please. And as for the posters thinking it would be a good idea to give it to Sheerin and Robson. Good Grief !

Page 9 of 135 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast