+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 135 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

I would love to put it to the test. That’s really down to him though

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    How did Alex Neil get one then?
    That went well

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    That went well
    Then he got another gig, albeit not Premiership but Championship.

Scottish managers were all the rage down there a decade ago, even Owen Coyle got a decent gig with Burnley when he was still manageing in the Championship in Scotland.

Neill apart, its very few and far between now.

Who knows, maybe DM would succeed down there at WBA, and he'd obvioulsy back himself to do so, but I'd have my doubts about that, and agree with most folk that he won't even get the chance anytime soon.

How is McInnes favourite or second favourite or whatever for the WBA job? A mate down south said one of the papers there named ten possible replacements for Pullis this morning and McInnes wasn't one of them.

It comes down to individual fan expectations. We will never all agree on what makes a good manager.

There are those of us who are happy with the current managerial setup, happy to finish second and happy getting to cup finals, even if we don't win them. Then there are those of us who believe we have to be winning cup finals and pushing for titles.

I'm a season ticket holder and go to a good few away games every season as well, and while Derek is certainly not without his faults, i'm pretty happy with the way things have gone in the last 4 years. There have been some low points, but the good points far outweigh them for me. Im not going to drone on about ex-managers, because i dont see the point. I believe as a club, we are exactly where we should be and that is the 2nd best team in Scotland. Granted, this season hasn't been brilliant so far, but its hardly been the disaster some are making it out to be.

We are second best team in Scotland because we deserve to be. Forget about Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Utd all being out of the league over the course of a few seasons, because that was their fault, not Aberdeen's and we deserved our place, as we do now. Sure Sevco, Hibs and Hearts havent done too well this year, but neither have we and yet we are still second.

As I have said we will never all agree on Mcinnes, but I honestly think he has done about as well as can be expected, give or take a few poor results and performances, which all teams bar Celtic go through.

That went well
    Was talking to a PNE fan last week st work. He says he’s very happy with the work Neil is doing there.

That went well
    Irrelevant. He still got a Premiership job.

He took over when they were struggling in the old 1st Division.

Do you reckon McInnes will get a premiership job? Seriously?

.... f*cked up post see below.

Page 54 of 135 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast