+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 135 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    And in between there are those of us who are just fed up watching turgid fitba...

I think DM has been magic - off the field (GW signing aside). Fantastic, top notch. If the new ground was happening now, I'd be happy enough with him sticking around as I think he's got the nous to see it gets done right for the benefit of both the team & the fans. As such I wouldn't want him to go to the huns as I think he'd unify the fans/board/players et al.

But on the field, well it's all been said. In hindsight should have gone in the summer when team broke-up (bedrock of which was not his signings...). I agree he's done more right than wrong but seeming inability to learn from his failings is his let down.
    I think turgid is a bit extreme. Granted this season has been poor, but overall I think we have turned in some fantastic performances. His signings have been poor this season and in fairness, he didn’t replace McGinn and Hayes with that of equal quality. That said, he can only do so much on freebies. The nature of the beast of free transfers is that you will end up with some duds. Even then, he has managed to consistently finish in 2nd place and he deserves credit for that.

I’m not purely sticking up for him saying he hasn’t got faults, because he has plenty, but at least we can agree he has done more good than bad.

The truth is that Scottish football is a bit dire. I hate talking the game down and have repeatedly stuck up for it in the past, but the calibre of player here is pretty poor. I think some fans expectations of fantastic football are but only a myth and realistically you aren’t going to get that on the wages we pay here.

Even the so called ‘great’ EPL produces some awful footballing displays and they have guys on £50K-£200K a week. I just worry there are those among us whose expectations far outweigh that of the reality. I too would love to see some better displays on the pitch and I do get frustrated with poor performances and bad tactics, but it’s the nature of the beast here in Scotland, but I am also realistic in that there is room for improvement.

I look at McInnes, I see his flaws and can openly criticise him, while still appreciating that on the whole he is doing a good job. Could things be better? Yes, but no one is perfect. The results keep him in a job and the keep majority of the fans happy and that’s why he should stay.

If he’s still here at the end of his current deal, do you think he’d view that as a success or failure?

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    Irrelevant. He still got a Premiership job.
    But he didn't....Norwich were in the Championship when he was appointed. He took them up via the play-offs but was sacked in March with Norwich struggling.

Personally, I think WBA will go for some-one (one of the usual suspects )to keep them up this season, if they get relegated then they might look at Derek in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I think turgid is a bit extreme. Granted this season has been poor, but overall I think we have turned in some fantastic performances. His signings have been poor this season and in fairness, he didn’t replace McGinn and Hayes with that of equal quality. That said, he can only do so much on freebies. The nature of the beast of free transfers is that you will end up with some duds. Even then, he has managed to consistently finish in 2nd place and he deserves credit for that.

I’m not purely sticking up for him saying he hasn’t got faults, because he has plenty, but at least we can agree he has done more good than bad.

The truth is that Scottish football is a bit dire. I hate talking the game down and have repeatedly stuck up for it in the past, but the calibre of player here is pretty poor. I think some fans expectations of fantastic football are but only a myth and realistically you aren’t going to get that on the wages we pay here.

Even the so called ‘great’ EPL produces some awful footballing displays and they have guys on £50K-£200K a week. I just worry there are those among us whose expectations far outweigh that of the reality. I too would love to see some better displays on the pitch and I do get frustrated with poor performances and bad tactics, but it’s the nature of the beast here in Scotland, but I am also realistic in that there is room for improvement.

I look at McInnes, I see his flaws and can openly criticise him, while still appreciating that on the whole he is doing a good job. Could things be better? Yes, but no one is perfect. The results keep him in a job and the keep majority of the fans happy and that’s why he should stay.
    Does any Scottish team play easy on the eye attacking football?I don't see many non Aberdeen matches but I watched one on bt last year,I think it was Dundee v Kilmarnock and it was dreadful,why anyone would watch Scottish football if they don't support the team is beyond me.

How has Jack "the genius" Ross got St Mirren playing?The way he gets talked about on here he has them playing like Brazil 70.

As for McInnes everyone knows he is far from perfect and has plenty of faults,it's just anytime someone on here brings up the fact he has done a lot of good in his time as our manager you get the usual suspects on here jumping down your throat telling you it doesn't count because the leagues pysh, he's had it easy etc

Not sure about St.Mirrens style of football but we’ll find out soon enough when we play them.

What we do know, is that in order for them to escape relegation last season, they had to become one of the form teams in Europe. It was an incredible turnaround. They’re now at the top end of the table.

That’s the manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Not sure about St.Mirrens style of football but we’ll find out soon enough when we play them.

What we do know, is that in order for them to escape relegation last season, they had to become one of the form teams in Europe. It was an incredible turnaround. They’re now at the top end of the table.

That’s the manager
    Can't argue with that. Also 24 goals in the league so far, averaging 2 per game, reads well.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Can't argue with that. Also 24 goals in the league so far, averaging 2 per game, reads well.
    While we don’t have a player in the top 20 for goals this season.

They have scored 4 more goals than we have this season in a league where half the teams are part time.

Don’t tell me that’s a tough league but the SPFL is pysh.

I’m sure Jack Ross is a good manager and he would be my choice as our next manager but that’s blowing smoke up his erse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Do you reckon McInnes will get a premiership job? Seriously?
    No, that's not what I said. Just pointing out that it's not without precedent for a manager from Scotland to get a job down there.

Although as pointed out, Neil got the job when they were in the Championship. Fair enough, but I still don't think it's as much of a flight of fancy for McInnes to get the West Brom job. Again though, that's not saying I think he will get it, just that it's feasible that he might.
    Last edited by JuanFatche; 21-11-2017 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Forgot Norwich were in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    They have scored 4 more goals than we have this season in a league where half the teams are part time.

Don’t tell me that’s a tough league but the SPFL is pysh.

I’m sure Jack Ross is a good manager and he would be my choice as our next manager but that’s blowing smoke up his erse.
    On balance I would say it's tougher. Top 6 is tighter than the top 6 in premier.

Page 55 of 135 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast