+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 135 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

i would be amazed if WBA offered the job to McInnes, with people like Michael O'Neil, Martin O'Neil, Allardyce, Pardew & Pearson available.
    No doubt he would be off in a heartbeat, quite rightly.

As far as what he has done here, too say is just average is nonsense. He has done a good job.
    If previous managers had us finishing 3rd, 4th or even 5th then you can argue McInnes has done the bare minimum required.
    Personally think he will end up a Championship manager in England.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Hello chaps,

Just thought I'd get your take on Mcinnes the manager? He's done well with you, how's his style of football? I can almost guarantee it can't be worse than Pulis'!

Remember him as a player and he's well thought of down here. Never shirked a tackle and gave 100% every game.

He seems to be favourite everytime we sack a manager. Would he hack it do you think if he was offered it? Would he come? Seems like he's got a job for life with you guys and our managers tend not to last more than a couple of years.....

Good luck for the season!

There is no way your lot will come in for him.

McInnes’ performance in the league is as good as can reasonably be expected. Some fans still carry around the notion that Celtic were “there for the taking” under Deila. When over optimism gets the better of you it’s easy to see a chink in the armour of your opponent as a gaping hole. We never had a title winning team barring a Leicester style miracle. Any failing there was due to lack of investment not McInnes’ inability to get the best out of the resources at his disposal.

After a good start in the Cups (barring a poor performance in the Scottish Cup Semi Final in his first season) we had some poor early round cup exits. Last season was much better, reaching two cup finals. But unfortunately we found ourselves up against a resurgent Celtic in both Cup Finals. With St Johnstone and ICT both winning the Cup the last few years I think that was a bigger opportunity lost during the Deila years than not winning the league.

Overall McInnes has been an excellent manager for AFC and on a balance of probabilities we are probably better off retaining his services. There’s no doubt that he came in at a good time as Craig Brown had already assembled the bones of a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by February_1971 View Post
    i would be amazed if WBA offered the job to McInnes, with people like Michael O'Neil, Martin O'Neil, Allardyce, Pardew & Pearson available.
    No doubt he would be off in a heartbeat, quite rightly.
    Id say mcinnes is better than Pardew, and as a club manager Michael O'Neill. I dont really want him to go, but think he would do alright with WBA, they arent totally trigger happy when it comes to sacking managers and they do seem to back them which he has had here, the only time he has failed really is bristol where they were upside down and a complete shambles. At well run clubs he has done very well.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Hello chaps,

Just thought I'd get your take on Mcinnes the manager? He's done well with you, how's his style of football? I can almost guarantee it can't be worse than Pulis'!

Remember him as a player and he's well thought of down here. Never shirked a tackle and gave 100% every game.

He seems to be favourite everytime we sack a manager. Would he hack it do you think if he was offered it? Would he come? Seems like he's got a job for life with you guys and our managers tend not to last more than a couple of years.....

Good luck for the season!
    Don't listen to what anyone else says, all that matters is that...he's better than mcghee™️

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Don't listen to what anyone else says, all that matters is that...he's better than mcghee™️

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    They'd completely get it and understand, same as any of the players would want to talk to WBA if they came in for them.
    Maybe DM could go to WBA and take O'Connor, Considine & GMS with him for £5m? :-)
    We don’t have £5m to give WBA 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Craig Brown was better than McGhee,if that’s all that mattered he would still be our manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Hi there

Derek’s a bang average manager who’s done the bare minimum in a piss easy league. Shyte with subs, tactically inflexible, likes to bamboozle himself with line ups, hit & miss in the transfer market, doesn’t trust youth players, but gives an outstanding post match interview when he’s not hiding in the dressing room. You’ll tear your hair out watching your team defend set pieces, as marking players isn’t important.

He does have a great ability to convince everyone that he’s the next Alex Ferguson though.
    Sounds like you're trying to put WBA off there. Are you keen for DM to stay?

This strawman is bandied about all the time. Just because some of us point out that we’ve had more sh*te managers than good over the last 30 years doesn’t mean that anyone who is slightly better than the very worst should be above criticism. Some of us simply suggest that the fact there’s room for improvement isn’t necessarily a good reason to take a punt on someone new.

I also think it’s also important to realise that McInnes influence goes beyond the match day team sheet and tactics.

Page 50 of 135 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast