+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T: Daylight Saving Time

O/T: Daylight Saving Time

Remember the clocks only go back an hour, not 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Remember the clocks only go back an hour, not 40 years.

I wish

It's 40 years ago this month that Jimmy Sirrel returned to finish the job of taking us all the way to the top.
    40 years ago this very weekend we won 3-1 away at Mansfield. How times have changed indeed.

Instead, put your clocks FORWARD by an hour and get a 2 hour start on the rest of the world.

I'll be putting mine forward 6 months so will get to enjoy spring earlier than you lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    I'll be putting mine forward 6 months so will get to enjoy spring earlier than you lot.
    The strange thing here in Mexico, is that the seasons don't change.....every day is hot, very hot or "I'm stopping inside today".....the insects never die, it's either 5 mosquito bites per day in summer, or just a couple on Christmas Day......it's weird......I closed the windows last night for the first time since last February because it got a bit chilly, 7 degrees, around 4am......the trick is, (if you don't turn on the aircon, which I never do) is move your bed slightly away from the open window each night until you need to close it in November/December.....In June and July I soak a few bath towels and sleep on them

A trick I learned years ago (when I had hair) was to wet your hair, not soak it, wet it, just before you go to bed and it will keep you cool till you nod off.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    A trick I learned years ago (when I had hair) was to wet your hair, not soak it, wet it, just before you go to bed and it will keep you cool till you nod off.
    What if you’re bald? It would just run off and make your bed wet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    What if you’re bald? It would just run off and make your bed wet.
    Buy a wig.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Buy a wig.
    Or a bathing cap?