+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Playing for a win

Playing for a win

Just been looking at the league table (in a bit of a daze) and I notice Brentford have lost 4 games just as we have.

They have 13 points, we have 30, albeit from 1 more game.

It just shows (like last night) the advantage of taking a risk and “going for it”.

It also makes it much more fun to watch. Last night - 1 goal in front with a few minutes to go - and going in search of a third instead of just protecting the lead, as most teams would have done. Great stuff!

It will cost us now and then, but in the long term, it will produce more points. Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Just been looking at the league table (in a bit of a daze) and I notice Brentford have lost 4 games just as we have.

It just shows (like last night) the advantage of taking a risk and “going for it”.

It also makes it much more fun to watch. Last night - 1 goal in front with a few minutes to go - and going in search of a third instead of just protecting the lead, as most teams would have done. Great stuff!

It will cost us now and then, but in the long term, it will produce more points. Long may it continue.
    hear hear Ronnie - great point. Still buzzing this morning from it and every time I open a paper or switch on the radio I am reminded of it. #proudtobeablade

Absolutely agree with OP. The term ‘back yourself’ springs to mind. Football is about believing in your ability and taking your chances. Confident, hard-working, organised, passionate. That’s our Blades and I’m loving it!

Wilder it seems does not do draws. When you think'- we seem to go on the back foot a little like last night. But something happens that rejuvenates the team where we then go for it. Last night's game showd this and we did it at Hillsboro. When i think even further back we had Clough's philosophy of not losing the game before you think about winning.?. CW blast's this theory out of the water. UTB

All I've ever wanted is the team to attack and attempt to play a decent style of football.
    It's a shame that it's taken two thirds of my expected lifespan for somebody to come in who understands this.

Win, lose or draw, if the opposition know they've been in a game that's always been good enough for me despite my severe criticism of the club at times

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post

Are you goin to Middlewood road in't mornin Ronaldo? 11 am ko v The piglet u/18's,i'm hopin to get there.The MESSIAH's one of our own. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Are you goin to Middlewood road in't mornin Ronaldo? 11 am ko v The piglet u/18's,i'm hopin to get there.The MESSIAH's one of our own. UTCB
    Sadly I can’t get, Rod. Previous appointment.
    If you do get there, I would be happy to read your considered views on all matters pertaining.