+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: o/t are films, tv shows, and adverts more multicultural than real life?

Your starting to worry me a little Monty. Your comments are usually level headed but after 9pm they tend to get aggressive. Do you need to talk to someone?

Which one of my ridiculous comments did you read Monty

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Your starting to worry me a little Monty. Your comments are usually level headed but after 9pm they tend to get aggressive. Do you need to talk to someone?
    Cayton, I've checked my MM postings. In the last six months I have posted precisely five (repeat FIVE) times after 9PM. I reject your statement that I was aggressive. Read Cam's post again. Why does he mention me at all? What inference would any reasonable man take from his comment. It's vastly insulting and if you can't see it fair enough.

Being aggressive is different to attempting to being witty..
    Are you sure you and kempoo didn't share the same jeans 😋

I’m not not sure if they are more multicultural than real life but there is discrimination in the interview process for these shows. The One Show being an example.

Also, I get sick of seeing people like Bennedick Cumberbatch on my TV. Why do we always have to have these poncy rich *******s as our big movie star actors.

Judy Dench ****s me off too. She has no diversity in her acting (well anything that she’s famous for). Need someone to play a a Queen? Ask Judy.

I went off on a tangent there but at least I got it off my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Cayton, I've checked my MM postings. In the last six months I have posted precisely five (repeat FIVE) times after 9PM. I reject your statement that I was aggressive. Read Cam's post again. Why does he mention me at all? What inference would any reasonable man take from his comment. It's vastly insulting and if you can't see it fair enough.
    Actually Monty you've read me completely wrong but I can see where the misunderstanding could have come from. I was mentally looking for somewhere that probably has low diversity, remembered your recent comments about doctor's surgeries and naturally know your location to be rural NW England due to my gestapo traits as moderator. No implication of racism was intended so if that's how you saw it I apologise.

Well done Cam. Monty will no doubt now be big enough to apologise for his nasty response.

I think its pretty sad that some in Britain still count the number of foreign looking faces they see on their telly - then feel moved enough to comment on it. When will you get to the point when you just see people?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Suck my salami, d*ckbrain. At least I didn't take the greenback and run. I'm still fighting for England. I take comfort that my abusers are ex-pats and ******* speculators.
    Excuse me monty, but I assume by ******* speculator you're referring to me. First of all, when have I ever abused you? If you feel you have been abused by myself you may just be very fragile, a bit of a snowflake to use terminology you might be familiar. Please link to anywhere I have abused anyone on here ever and I will gladly take note, apologise, and endeavor to not do so again. Also, are you using ******* speculator as some sort of insult? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    We don't even need a debate about this, it's objectively measurable - we can measure the population and we can measure the representation on TV - Ofcom does exactly that.

People who live in predominantly white communities probably think minorities are over represented. People who live in highly multicultural communities no doubt think TV is too underrepresentative, as CAM rightly alludes.

People are quite simple and often unable to consider the wider world outside of the bubble they inhabit.

So, what does Ofcom's research tell us?

Not only are people from minorities under represented. Older people and women are also. As are working class people.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...k-of-diversity
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ass-staff.html
    Black people make up 3-4% of the population but about 10-15% of the people on screen so how are they under-represented?

Asians are under-represented, particularly Pakistanis/ Chinese.

And what about football?

Black players are about 20% which is huge over-representation, and there are virtually no Asians at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast