+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How come...

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyDaDream View Post
    You sure about that because Atletico Madrid won the league ahead of Barcelona & Real Madrid one year but this season Barcelona are undefeated and 8 points clear of Valencia & Atletico Madrid but that can all change in a heart beat in Liga Santander.
    I think the whole point is that it CANNOT all change in a heartbeat with just two dominant clubs. Athletico Madrid and Sevilla have had their moments but nonetheless it remains a league dominated by two. Scotland is worse, granted, being monopolised by Celtic.

But Germany, Italy, France, Portugal are all simlar with maybe three financially dominant teams and the PL has maybe 6 realistic contenders.

To get back to my regular hobby horse - take out the top 3 teams from those 6 countries (obviously not Scotland), add a couple of teams from Benelux and Scandinavia and you have a 20 team European superleague. All the money can then condense there and leave the domestic leagues to be both competetive and a nurturing ground for domestic talent.

In time one could maybe create a second European tier to include the likes of Atrsenal, Spurs, Liverpool from the PL plus Roma, Napoli, Valencia, Sevilla etc etc.

This could then be a bridge for newly emergent good teams in the domestic league to get a seat at the European table.

Clearly in England particularly the remaining clubs would need to demonetise as TV revenue would fall and thus create a more even playing field. Transition would be difficult for low market teams like Bournemouth etc who currently run wage bills that would be unsustainable but the equivalent of parachutes from the European League could smooth the transition.

Give football back to the people....and help the development of the national side. Thoughts?

But even with your super league clubs like barca,Chelsea,man city and United,Real would still attract own all the emerging talent

But would they? They would soak up all the decent players from the national leagues but unless they had squads of massive size (which cpuld be prevented by the league) they wouldnt buy up all the kids at the expense of someone who could contribute today.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    But would they? They would soak up all the decent players from the national leagues but unless they had squads of massive size (which cpuld be prevented by the league) they wouldnt buy up all the kids at the expense of someone who could contribute today.
    How is that different from what happens now. Chelsea had 60 youngsters in their books last season

Quote Originally Posted by Salopian0 View Post
    But even with your super league clubs like barca,Chelsea,man city and United,Real would still attract own all the emerging talent
    They get fined for attracting too much young talent and Real & Barcelona have recieved a transfer embargo because of it.

They don’t just recruit anybody to their academy they recruit the best youg talent in the world with the best recruitment team in the world but like i said “You buy too much young players you get fined” which numerous big clubs have done beforehand.

How is that different from what happens now. Chelsea had 60 youngsters in their books last season
    But (a) Chelsea shouldnt be allowed to and (b) the european teams would most likely then have junior farm teams in the domestic league where they could develop the players like in MLB or NHL.

So of we give the Euro team a 35 man squad, then their farm team would comprise maybe players 36 to 60 on their roster and that should be it. Remember we are only just designing this !! - the main aim being taking money out of the system 😊

Yes Chelsea may have had 60 youngsters on their books but what for ? Can anyone name any player who has been a regular with Chelsea in the last 10 years having come through their youth system

It all boils down to cash, you got the cash you get the players. I love Derby, hate Forest but if I was a footy player and Derby offered me £30,000 a week and Forest offered me £90,000 a week I'd be wearing a red shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes Chelsea may have had 60 youngsters on their books but what for ? Can anyone name any player who has been a regular with Chelsea in the last 10 years having come through their youth system
    I think John Terry was the last one....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)