+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ENGLAND U17s win World Cup!

ENGLAND U17s win World Cup!

Beat Spain 5-2 after being 2-0 down. Fantastic performance after beating Brazil in the semi.

Excellent stuff. Let's hope a few of the players are in the full team in the next few years.

Amazing game. Foden is pure class, he is the kind of midfielder the seniors need. His pass for the equaliser was David Silva-sequel. He could be a dark horse inclusion if he gets some game time at Man City and shows the class there

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Amazing game. Foden is pure class, he is the kind of midfielder the seniors need. His pass for the equaliser was David Silva-sequel. He could be a dark horse inclusion if he gets some game time at Man City and shows the class there
    Well done to the boys, imagine being 17 or under and winning a world cup! I hope the clubs integrate these little hero's into their respective clubs and they have long careers, I remember Ireland winning the under 18's European championship in 1998 and 6/7 of the players went on to have excellent careers over in England

Just watched the goals. A fantastic performance. A brilliant 2017 for England's youth teams. Winning 3 major tournaments and only losing on penalties in the other 2.

Name:  2017 Trophies.JPG
Views: 450
Size:  51.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Just watched the goals. A fantastic performance. A brilliant 2017 for England's youth teams. Winning 3 major tournaments and only losing on penalties in the other 2.

Name:  2017 Trophies.JPG
Views: 450
Size:  51.0 KB
    Great record and I hope this talented team don't get lost in the lack of game time at Premier league clubs caused by all the constant buying of foreign players.

One of the most entertaining games I've watched on telly for a long time. Lots of skill, energy, belief. Good movement, good finishing and certainly deserved the win.

Not too convinced about the "men bras", what are they about?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    One of the most entertaining games I've watched on telly for a long time. Lots of skill, energy, belief. Good movement, good finishing and certainly deserved the win.

Not too convinced about the "men bras", what are they about?
    I know looked weird but as it was in India it must be something to do with the heat as they had a few drinks breaks.

Foden is th class act and Brewster also looks a real talent hard to say how far they will go my judgement is they are both good enough to play in the championship.

What impressed me is that we achieved this with skilful players, not hard working Jermaine Jenas clones, who always seem to represent England at youth level.

Foden scored a goal a bit like Michael Owen's against Argentina for the 5th. He didn't have to beat two defenders, just get there ahead of one, but his first touch was fantastic and set him up for a similar finish. And Hudson-Odoi on the left wing destroyed his full back, who had to resort to a rugby tackle at one point.

I have to say though, I don't think this would have happened with Southgate in charge making them play like robots. Maybe the U17 manager could be fast tracked to the seniors.

A wonderful performance by England and a slap across the face for those who question diversity and the success of multiculture.
    Of the team that beat tournament favourites, Brazil, 3-1, EIGHT players came from a black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) background, as did FIVE other members of the 21 man squad.
    The captain, Man City's Joel Latibeaudiere and Marc Guehl (only one to play in all six) were born in the Ivory Coast. Angel Gomes, born in London, is the son of a Portuguese couple. Dad used to play for non-league Hendon.
    Last edited by sidders; 29-10-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast