+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England U17's WORLD CHAMPIONS

England U17's WORLD CHAMPIONS

well done lads.

Yes well done to the England lads, and the fact that we took them/Spain apart in the Final 5-2. And all this despite us going 0-2 behind in the first half!.
    Like I said earlier on this year when the U20s won the WC as well, it means something to me to be able to say we/England have won the footy Wolrd cup & the Euro's as well all in the same year (even though its at a younger level).
    The question remains though, what will happen to these kids in the next 5 years for example, will the Premship & the Champship clubs give them a chance to develop or will they keep buying expensive unknown jonny foreigners etc. ?.

It means nothing.
    These lads will get caught up in the frenzy like Delli Alli and the rest.
    Beleive they're world beaters, rest on their laurels and drift into obscurity like many more before them.
    Shame really. They'll probably retire as millionaires but nobody will remember them.

And thats you in your happy mood is it eh Hodger ?.
    Id also like to know if these kids can and will develop into something better, but the Premship clubs will just keep buying unknown over-priced foreign rubbish. Their chance is with Champship clubs and dare I say it, even Lg One clubs as well, and Ashley Fletcher is an example there of players having to make the grade from Lg One upwards.
    Last edited by Acido; 28-10-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Quite a few of them are at Chelsea apparently , see how many are good enough to break into their first team .

Probably not one of em , like it or not that is the benchmark just as Barca and Real Madrid supplied the Spanish Euro and World Cup winning squad .

Blame the foreigners all you want but if they are really that good then they'd break into PL first teams , why would you spend multi millions when there's no need .

Truth is , it's a Mickey Mouse achievement , there's only one World Cup ..

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Quite a few of them are at Chelsea apparently , see how many are good enough to break into their first team .

Probably not one of em , like it or not that is the benchmark just as Barca and Real Madrid supplied the Spanish Euro and World Cup winning squad .

Blame the foreigners all you want but if they are really that good then they'd break into PL first teams , why would you spend multi millions when there's no need .

Truth is , it's a Mickey Mouse achievement , there's only one World Cup ..

I think you have to take positives from these achievements. These kids have a winning mentality and belief now, something that is clearly lacking at senior level. Should some of them progress to senior level then the mindset is totally different imo. That can only be a good thing.

On the negative side I think back to the u21 tournament in the summer and the fact that rashford dint laik. That's shyte. It should've been our strongest team.
    Mek no wonder these things get branded Mickey mouse. Personally I wouldn't go down that route and i think that's disrespectful to the lads that are out there doing their best for their country.

I think nearly every young player around belongs to Chelsea. It’s good that they’ve won but it’s the next two stages of the careers that are key .

Remember we’ve got supposedly the next 18yr old wonder kid from Chelsea here on loan and he’s not tearing it up like we thought he would.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Because the PL managers want to sign ready made players rather than coach young ****agers in to a Premier League team