+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Time to give Naysmith some credit

  1. #1

    Time to give Naysmith some credit

    I haven't been happy about every decision he's made regarding the team but we are now settling down into a team . In the case of today , beating a team with far better resources than us . Improving Murray and Dykes has helped enormously. Let's keep it going and hope to get a few more in the ground.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 28-10-2017 at 08:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I haven't been happy about every decision he's made regarding the team but we are now settling down into a team . In the case of today , beating a team with far better resources than us . Improving Murray and Dykes has helped enormously. Let's keep it going and hope to get a few more in the ground.
    Agreed. The nay(smith)sayers may be at least thinking about eating their words. He comes across really well too in the media, always good on the radio. Hope we’re all behind him and the team now. We’re looking no bad.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,313
    Apart from the 4 minute lapse when losing two goals this was a great performance. Agree with the improvement of Dykes and Murray. Brownlie and Kerr looking solid at the back, with Jacobs and Rankin doing good work in midfield. McFadden is also improving and Dobbie had some sublime play at times. Good to see Lyle seal the win and edge closer to the 120 goals tally.

  4. #4
    Great reply Albertz. How many is Lyle on now ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    285
    These guys love to put you "through the wringer" Three goals up and cruising against a woeful Falkirk team then losing two cheap goals....ffs.Classy finish by Suntan though it has to be said,others may have blasted the ball,but no,the orange assassin finished it off with a lovely wee slot into the near corner.Phew!!!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    These guys love to put you "through the wringer" Three goals up and cruising against a woeful Falkirk team then losing two cheap goals....ffs.Classy finish by Suntan though it has to be said,others may have blasted the ball,but no,the orange assassin finished it off with a lovely wee slot into the near corner.Phew!!!
    The Orange Assassin. Love it!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Great reply Albertz. How many is Lyle on now ?


    116 goals for Queens

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,313
    Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    116 goals for Queens
    That's correct. Closing in on Black's total and yesterday Lyle edged ahead in appearances also, now on 347.

  9. #9
    Naysmith and Queens have certainly turned things around and all the critics have disappeared again

    Looking back at a few of our results we really could and should be sitting top this morning. Losing to a 10 man Dundee United was hard to take

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,313
    Queens now have the best away record in the league currently.

  11. #11
    have to say the manager has won me over. I couldn’t believe some of the players he released but he has replaced them with younger players who are gelling well. He also has developed a squad that has goals throughout and it appears that we have a confidence about us now. From fearing the worst I am now optimistic of a play off spot in what is a really tight league.

    On that can anyone tell me when we last fell behind in a league game and went on to win. I have thought for a while that the league is so difficult that the first team that scores always get at least a draw.

    One final point. It was refreshing to hear Jim Duffy comments after the game when he said there was no excuses for his side losing. Compare them with the ex Falkirk manager. His team may have lost but mr Duffy lost with a bit of class. Take note mr houston

  12. #12
    I think he’s been impressive on all fronts. Great communicator and clearly has the dressing room. Glad he wasn’t off to Falkirk, Kilie or the Arabs tbh. Maybe we can get a couple of seasons out of a decent manager for a change instead of changes half way through or after a season. Time to develop. He’s already shown he’s capable of good things imho.
    Last edited by louisxiv; 09-11-2017 at 01:26 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Deepest Cumbria
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    I think he’s been impressive on all fronts. Great communicator and clearly has the dressing room. Glad he wasn’t off to Falkirk, Kilie or the Arabs tbh. Maybe we can get a couple of seasons out of a decent manager for a change instead of changes half way through or after a season. Time to develop. He’s already shown he’s capable of good things imho.
    Continuity is the key with an managerial appointment as you need to give him time to get his squad of players together playing his way. This is now clearly Naysmith's team and we are in a good place able to compete with every other side in this division. With a bit more fortune, as well as better finishing, we would currently be top of this league. What I am most impressed about is the strength of the squad Naysmith has put together. Unlike previous recent campaigns we have real options on the bench and the ability to change the outcome of matches where we are clearly struggling by bring quality players on. The downside of this as always is that the more success we have the more interest their will be in our manager from those financially better off teams but I really do hope that we get a few seasons of stability before that happens. Lets face it those that do move on to "better" clubs rarely last more than a season before being unceremoniously dumped onto the scrap heap never to reach the heights again.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,313
    Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    have to say the manager has won me over. I couldn’t believe some of the players he released but he has replaced them with younger players who are gelling well. He also has developed a squad that has goals throughout and it appears that we have a confidence about us now. From fearing the worst I am now optimistic of a play off spot in what is a really tight league.

    On that can anyone tell me when we last fell behind in a league game and went on to win. I have thought for a while that the league is so difficult that the first team that scores always get at least a draw.

    One final point. It was refreshing to hear Jim Duffy comments after the game when he said there was no excuses for his side losing. Compare them with the ex Falkirk manager. His team may have lost but mr Duffy lost with a bit of class. Take note mr houston
    Before Saturday's game in Greenock, the last time Queens fell behind in a league match and went on to win was 23rd April 2016 at home to Livingston 3-1, when Stanton scored in 29 mins, then Lyle 60 pen, 69 and Oliver 79, with Kidd sent off after a booking in 83 and a second one in 84.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •