+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Csaba Laszlo

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    There's this then there's the reality of what you need to offer someone so they'll accept the job.
    Agreed but how many times will we make a chunt of one of these appointment's and issue long term deals only to have to 'pay them off' when it doesn't work out...

There's this then there's the reality of what you need to offer someone so they'll accept the job.
    We're dealing with unemployed managers here looking for a way back into to football so we have a bit of leverage here, a short incentivised contract is definitely a route we should be looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Agreed but how many times will we make a chunt of one of these appointment's and issue long term deals only to have to 'pay them off' when it doesn't work out...
    When offering a job to an unemployed manager there should be no reason he wont accept a deal to the end of the season. Anyone applying for this job needs to be quizzed on his ability to get us up at the first time of asking with the players we have. If he is not confident of his ability to do this then we should keep looking till we find someone who is. If the interviewee is certain he can get us up he should have no concerns about a contract extension being based on success. Entitled to a guaranteed extension though if he achieves the objective. We should have done the same with RM and MP.

Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of confidence in whoever deals with the contracts at Utd. Too many cock-ups with player and manager contracts for my liking.....

Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post
    We're dealing with unemployed managers here looking for a way back into to football so we have a bit of leverage here, a short incentivised contract is definitely a route we should be looking at.
    Do it like an old style wee Jum player contract. Contract till the end of the season with a 10 year option

Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post
    I totally agree, protect the club. I think the reality of the situation will prove difficult for this to materialise though.

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post
    When offering a job to an unemployed manager there should be no reason he wont accept a deal to the end of the season. Anyone applying for this job needs to be quizzed on his ability to get us up at the first time of asking with the players we have. If he is not confident of his ability to do this then we should keep looking till we find someone who is. If the interviewee is certain he can get us up he should have no concerns about a contract extension being based on success. Entitled to a guaranteed extension though if he achieves the objective. We should have done the same with RM and MP.

Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of confidence in whoever deals with the contracts at Utd. Too many cock-ups with player and manager contracts for my liking.....
    It's too easy to assume we'd get the man we want on one of these contracts. Highly unlikely IMHO.

It's too easy to assume we'd get the man we want on one of these contracts. Highly unlikely IMHO.
    I agree if we were trying to poach a manager. The guys we have been linked with are unemployed. No real risk to them. I don't want Hughes but right now if you offered him a gig till end of season he would jump at chance to repair his reputation with a chance of SPL football next year.

Hopefully ST and the board will take their time - there is no rush and better to take time over this rather than a quick appointment.

A contract until the end of the year seems very reasonable, especially given the recent track record of previous managers.

Would rather take time and careful consideration with this - we don't need a new manager for this week's match.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    Hopefully ST and the board will take their time - there is no rush and better to take time over this rather than a quick appointment.

A contract until the end of the year seems very reasonable, especially given the recent track record of previous managers.

Would rather take time and careful consideration with this - we don't need a new manager for this week's match.
    I agree to an extent but this is the biggest title rival in the league and an absolute 6 pointer. If we wanted a permanent manager before any match this season, it’d be before this one

Any manager coming in between now and saturday is not going to make a material difference. Ellis bought us some time by getting the win last week. If we had lost that then we would be panicking. Ellis has got just as much chance of getting us a result on Saturday than new guy. We have a decent run of games coming up. win most of these and we will be in a decent position going into festive period. There is no Hibs in this league this year and if we can be in the mix with 10 games to go automatic promotion is still very achievable.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)