+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TNS build up

TNS build up

I am going down on the Devorgilla bus leaving 8.30 am on the Sunday. What about the rest of you ? I think we will give a great account of ourselves. Can't wait !

Guid day oot

for Brian Harkness AKA Dougie the Doonhamer and the lady sitting adjacent to him Kate Wright - not only did they enjoy a fine performance from the Super South but Brian won the half - time draw and Kate the match raffle inscribed Bottle of Whisky.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I am going down on the Devorgilla bus leaving 8.30 am on the Sunday. What about the rest of you ? I think we will give a great account of ourselves. Can't wait !

15 of a Devorgilla Doonhamers splinter group heading down on the Saturday afternoon.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    for Brian Harkness AKA Dougie the Doonhamer and the lady sitting adjacent to him Kate Wright - not only did they enjoy a fine performance from the Super South but Brian won the half - time draw and Kate the match raffle inscribed Bottle of Whisky.
    Well done you guys and gals.

Myself and oldbag travelling to Shrewsbury on the Friday where we are meeting up with jimgiggs(Shrewbury branch) Saturday at leisure in Shrewsbury(expect jimgiggs will be there at some point��)Match day,early breakfast with a few other Shrewbury branch plus one other from Dumfries.Train from Shrewsbury to Gobowen then taxi to game approx two hours before kick off.Home on the travel club bus.BRING IT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Myself and oldbag travelling to Shrewsbury on the Friday where we are meeting up with jimgiggs(Shrewbury branch) Saturday at leisure in Shrewsbury(expect jimgiggs will be there at some point��)Match day,early breakfast with a few other Shrewbury branch plus one other from Dumfries.Train from Shrewsbury to Gobowen then taxi to game approx two hours before kick off.Home on the travel club bus.BRING IT ON!
    Looking forward to seeing you and 'The old bag' mate haha.
    My travel arrangements are to have a lie in walk to spoons to meet the rest of the lads & then begin the long arduous 25 minute journey to the ground.... These away games are so tough haha.
    If any of you guys are in Shrewsbury on the Friday or Saturday & fancy a catch up or just need any local info drop us a message on here, spoke to a few at the game yesterday & sounds like I may be doing a lot of 'catching up' haha.
    Ps. The Shrewsbury Branch will more than look after you Bagapapa.... Get your rest mate haha

On the Doonhamers Travel Club Bus departing 0830 - great value 25 - still seats available contact Jimbo on 07834687830 or their Facebook Page
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 29-10-2017 at 02:15 PM.

From social media >>>>

——— BLUE SUNDAY ———

LETS PAINT OSWESTRY BLUE

We would like to encourage all Queens fans travelling from far and wide to wear blue on Nov 12th

Let’s show our support for Queens by turning Park Hall Stadium blue and creating a great atmosphere to send the club through to the IRN-BRU Cup semifinals

Mon the South

#BLUESUNDAY

That's a great idea . Lets get those Doonhamer scarves , jackets and hats hunted out. Will be a marvellous sight to see around 500 bedecked in a sea of blue and white.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    On the Doonhamers Travel Club Bus departing 0830 - great value 25 - still seats available contact Jimbo on 07834687830 or their Facebook Page
    It is indeed great value.Even better is the fact that you can join the travel club on that day and travel down for the same price(15 membership /10 membership bus price =25. No brainer...Join the travel club...you know it makes sense!!

What's everyones thoughts as to the actual game?Queens' worst performances of the season have been against the diddy teams(Stenny,Montrose,Albion Rovers,first half v Berwick)TNS will be better than those mentioned,so Queens may not have it easy.As long as we don't resort to hoofball and play the ball on the floor we should progress.A defeat will be a slap in the face to the travelling supporters who are travelling down in decent numbers.'MON THE SOUTH! Do not let the fans down.

TNS have already beaten Livingston ( albeit aet and pens) and Livvy are a decent side . They have beaten Elgin 3-0 as well. With home advantage to them , this is a really tough game for us.

TNS have already beaten Livingston ( albeit aet and pens) and Livvy are a decent side . They have beaten Elgin 3-0 as well. With home advantage to them , this is a really tough game for us.
    Take a look at their web - page and you will see that have a good mixture of lads that have been at big English
    teams when younger and more experienced guys plus 3 players who have played up in Scotland with Hamilton, Dumbarton etc - they are also top of their league and scoring lots of goals !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Take a look at their web - page and you will see that have a good mixture of lads that have been at big English
    teams when younger and more experienced guys plus 3 players who have played up in Scotland with Hamilton, Dumbarton etc - they are also top of their league and scoring lots of goals !
    One player I do recognise is Jon Routledge who played 90 games the the Accies and 30 - odd for the Sons of the Rock
    Also Steve Saunders was capped for Scotland a few years ago !
    Last edited by Ftivano1; 03-11-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Some Queens fans I feel are underestimating TNS. Their wage budget is higher than ours and that is usually the telling factor between teams. Not saying we won't win but I reckon it's 50-50.

Any idea how many buses are heading down next weekend ? Should be a good day out

Two from the Devorgilla, two from The Travel Club and a New Bazaar mini - bus was the last I heard but don't know if the Barflies are running one tbh. Quite a few lads going to get their kilts on.

TNS roll call .....

Who from this website is heading down this weekend ?

We’re going Saturday and travelling back after the game

https://youtu.be/vaNC-HX1gig Here is TNS last game. A 1-0 defeat but they are still top of the Welsh League.

https://youtu.be/Kb0BeA_sscI TNS boss interview. Says they will be ready for us .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast