+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the match at Burton

the match at Burton

This match might not excite the rest of the country lol, but this has now become a massive match for us and for them as well, hasnt it ?.
    We've only ever had 0-0 draws in our few games there, and their 1-1 at Oakwell last season was their first ever goal against us. So the immediate question to be asked is... would we take another 0-0 or any sort of draw there right now ?.

Ive nothing against them as a club or against Cloughie Jnr, but if the scrap for a relegation place happens between us, well that obvious isnt it. Id take a draw at the least, but touch wood Im hoping we can win there.

Our season won't hinge on what we do at Burton , all 3 possible results wouldn't surprise me because that is where we are right now .

That said a win would do us the world of good , back that up with a win against Brum and all of a sudden we are mid table .

4 points from the next two games is probably more than acceptable and I'd take that right now if offered .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Our season won't hinge on what we do at Burton , all 3 possible results wouldn't surprise me because that is where we are right now . That said a win would do us the world of good , back that up with a win against Brum and all of a sudden we are mid table . 4 points from the next two games is probably more than acceptable and I'd take that right now if offered .
    But if we stay up or go down because of just 3 points (and maybe goal diff), then this game means as much as any other doesnt it. And I know we have a poor record at home to Birmingham for next week (remember this fixture was Rimmo's 90th party and we lost to them 0-3, and this got Flicker sacked didnt it).

Ok lets play Noel Edmonds or the banker again here... I will offer you 3 points from the Burton & Birmingham games this week... Deal or NO deal ?.

No deal. We can get 6

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    No deal. We can get 6
    Ok Gwynn lets not be greedy, I'll take 4.

It's a big game. We don't wannabe losing this ideally but by that I mean from a psychological point of view.

I agree that a season doesn't hinge on a single game (not in Oct/Nov at any rate) but sooner or later the club has to start earning the right to stay in this division. Ideally I want us to start doing that by beating the teams that are struggling, cos that give us a boost while at the same time making their season harder.

So I'm with Gwynn. Back to back wins would do wonders for the lads' confidence and also give us fans something to feel more positive about. No disrespect to Brum or Burton but they're struggling for a reason and we should be trying to capitalise on that.

Back to 4-5-1 but with all guns blazing. No need to be playing for a point against "the likes of these".

They lost again yesterday at home to Ipswich, is it a good time to be playing them ? If our team aren't up for this ! We could feel a backlash from them , some good individual players in their squad , if we approach the game positive , Swap Isgrove to replace Hammil , 3 possible points for us , I'd settle for 1 at moment though

Thur in aar relegation mini-league along wi Wednesday and Millwall. We got 4 pts from them away last two games. A think it'll be a 0-0 horrible to watch struggle but hope fo a sneaky 0-1 win.

Allev all leets art, tele off and fire off Tuesday neet till later on set in mi jumper, ovvacoit and scarf in dark. A want it to look like thuz nobody in so Halloween buggas dunt knock on dooar. The mams that came rarnd wi kids last year ed arms like boxers and nooazas to match. Freetnin
    Last edited by SBRed48; 29-10-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thur in aar relegation mini-league along wi Wednesday and Millwall. We got 4 pts from them away last two games. A think it'll be a 0-0 horrible to watch struggle but hope fo a sneaky 0-1 win.

Allev all leets art, tele off and fire off Tuesday neet till later on set in mi jumper, ovvacoit and scarf in dark. A want it to look like thuz nobody in so Halloween buggas dunt knock on dooar. The mams that came rarnd wi kids last year ed arms like boxers and nooazas to match. Freetnin
    Leerv summat art fo Samaseedo , tonitime he guzzart meks a fortune this time at year !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast