+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Joke

Wink No Joke

(Michael Gove apologises for his 'clumsy' Harvey Weinstein joke.)

I know.....

Let's just criminalise any sort of joke. I'd like that because at least I wouldn't have to worry if I've offended the politically correct.
    I've been struggling to think of any joke that doesn't 'offend' somebody or other. That's what jokes are - they take the mickey out of men/women/blacks/Irish*/Cockneys/Scousers/'tight' Jocks/gays, etc etc
    (* the best Irish jokes are told by Irish people, imo)

I was always first in and out of the showers in my playing days so no one could see my genitals, which I was embarrassed about. Team mates took the mickey. But, today, I might be able to sue them for being 'offensive'. Believe me I was more offended back then than black men claim to have been when somebody recently joked about their bigger genitals. (Not that I believe black men would be offended in any way, it's just that the PC think they MIGHT be.

It might sound over-the-top, but if it would help the PC, before long people will have to stop and ask themselves if any throwaway quip is worth the trouble. Comedians will be a thing of the past, and the Houses of Parliament will consist only of politically-correct people.

Let's unite. If you know of any PC people, give them a thick lip. Or, do you think life is meant to be taken extremely seriously?

Political correctness has gone mad! Why do we let these few 'numpties' dictate to us what we say and do. I would never say anything that would cause real offence to anyone but come on, is everybody so precious these days that they can't take a little Micky taking! There are far more real problems in the world today. As the saying goes 'Get a life'.

Michael Gove's line was actually funny,very quick witted.

Not every woman in existence has had Wienstein slobbering over her.....many who did possibly did it in the full understanding it would further their careers.....that is commonly known as "prostituting yourself" so they only have themselves to bring to account over that!

I'm very non PC and I always found Bernard Manning hilarious but I listened to some old stuff of his a few days ago and even I winced at some of it.

He was introduced to a group of scantily clad young dancers and said to them......"I hope that's sweat rolling down the inside of my trouser leg.......I think I'll be able to pogo all the way home".

That to me is a gag that's fine to a room full of blokes but just feels wrong to say direct to women.

He told one 40 year old attractive woman...."If you were my f kin daughter I'd still be bathing you" !!

She laughed.....it was 1987 though and I suspect she wouldn't now.

Check out what our local Councilors are up to. Even the Express and Dingle have picked up on it
    http://thesandwellskidder.blogspot.co.uk/

What I find of more concern is the guy who resigned from some equality board because of some thing he posted oven 10 years ago!!!!!
    The guy was in his very early 20's at the time...and yet it has come back to haunt him.....he had posted on a forum......Thankfully when I was that age and saying the most insulting things to people....it was mostly verbal and forgotten quickly as was the way...
    But today?
    Very dangerous foot prints are been left all over the place in the digital world.....
    I am not sure what to make of it all.......

Not sure what Michael Gove has said that was funny, ever. But he is probably the biggest cretin in parliament, so he deserves every bit of criticism he gets, warranted or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Not sure what Michael Gove has said that was funny, ever. But he is probably the biggest cretin in parliament, so he deserves every bit of criticism he gets, warranted or not.
    I don't think so.

Try that idiot Labour bint Emily Thornbury and her crass comments about "White van man".......horrible woman.

Dianne Abbott!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I don't think so.

Try that idiot Labour bint Emily Thornbury and her crass comments about "White van man".......horrible woman.

Dianne Abbott!!!!
    What has been said about "White van man"? I may take offence!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I don't think so.

Dianne Abbott!!!!
    Michael Gove is a C U N T.

A word I rarely ever say. Ask any teacher you know what their thoughts are on him.

He also voted to cut ESA Disability benefit by £30 per week for those who needed it most while he did this....

"Over a five-month period between December 2005 and April 2006, Michael Gove claimed more than £7,000 on a house bought with his wife Sarah Vine, a journalist, in 2002. Around a third of the money was spent at OKA, an upmarket interior design company established by Viscountess Astor, PM David Cameron’s mother-in-law.[115] Shortly afterwards he reportedly 'flipped' his designated second home, a property for which he claimed around £13,000 to cover stamp duty.[116] Gove also claimed for a cot mattress, despite children's items being banned under updated Commons Rules. Gove said he would repay the claim for the cot mattress, but maintained that his other claims were "below the acceptable threshold costs for furniture" and that moving house was necessary "to effectively discharge my parliamentary duties".[116] While he was moving between homes, on one occasion he stayed at the Pennyhill Park Hotel and Spa following a constituency engagement, charging the taxpayer more than £500 per night's stay."

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Michael Gove is a C U N T.

A word I rarely ever say. Ask any teacher you know what their thoughts are on him.

He also voted to cut ESA Disability benefit by £30 per week for those who needed it most while he did this....

"Over a five-month period between December 2005 and April 2006, Michael Gove claimed more than £7,000 on a house bought with his wife Sarah Vine, a journalist, in 2002. Around a third of the money was spent at OKA, an upmarket interior design company established by Viscountess Astor, PM David Cameron’s mother-in-law.[115] Shortly afterwards he reportedly 'flipped' his designated second home, a property for which he claimed around £13,000 to cover stamp duty.[116] Gove also claimed for a cot mattress, despite children's items being banned under updated Commons Rules. Gove said he would repay the claim for the cot mattress, but maintained that his other claims were "below the acceptable threshold costs for furniture" and that moving house was necessary "to effectively discharge my parliamentary duties".[116] While he was moving between homes, on one occasion he stayed at the Pennyhill Park Hotel and Spa following a constituency engagement, charging the taxpayer more than £500 per night's stay."
    Forget the rabid hatred of any right wing politician.....the point is there are loads of idiots on all political parties.

Dianne Abbot,Grant Chaps,Lembit Opik.....one from each persuasion,I could go on and on.

If you dislike Gove due to his political views then fine but that doesn't make him an idiot.

I can't stand Corbyn but I don't think he's an idiot even though I think he's completely misguided on a lot of issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)