+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stevie May

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    Maybe that's because St Johnstone players actually passed him the ball though?

He was getting visibly angrier every time he made a decent run on Saturday and the ball was passed sideways/backwards/to a Hibs player.

St Johnstone knew that their best chance to score was to get the ball into midfield, look up and try to find May's run with a ball over the top. We seem to have no interest in that tactic, which in turn doesn't suit his main strengths.
    This is exactly how I view him. He's a classy player, you can tell by how comfortable he is on the ball. He's hungry and sharp when not on the ball, it's a shame we lack the creativity to pick him out.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    This is exactly how I view him. He's a classy player, you can tell by how comfortable he is on the ball. He's hungry and sharp when not on the ball, it's a shame we lack the creativity to pick him out.
    Comfortable on the ball? I've yet to see him go past someone with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Really??

I fail to see what he brings to the team. Not been impressed at all any time I've seen him. Looks a shadow of the player that was at St Johnstone.

What’s your review of Nicky Maynard ?

I've been disappointed with him. Not lack of effort that's the problem. Too often when he's been in good positions , he lets us down by a heavy touch or typically he overhits what should be a fairly simple pass

But I certainly woudn't be giving up on him yet. We can't afford to anyway

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    I've been disappointed with him. Not lack of effort that's the problem. Too often when he's been in good positions , he lets us down by a heavy touch or typically he overhits what should be a fairly simple pass

He needs a decent run in the team once he's fully fit. I don't think he's as natural a finisher as Rooney though and if McGinn and GMS keep supplying Rooney he'll score. May is a different type who's better all round but difficult to decide whether he's worth putting in ahead of Rooney (providing he's getting good supply). My fear is McInnes will end up putting May in for GMS, or putting May up front and Rooney wide right as he has in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    What’s your review of Nicky Maynard ?
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post

Yip, I'm with you. He almost seems clumsy with the ball at times and I seem to remember him being a lot quicker when he was with St J.

Hopefully a run of games and a full pre season will get him back to his best. Or maybe even a 4-4-2 formation may help him.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Hopefully a run of games and a full pre season will get him back to his best. Or maybe even a 4-4-2 formation may help him.
    We really need to start looking to be more of a presence up top. The current system doesn’t suit Stevie May.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234