+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whelan

Ouch!
    I did warn you it would not sit well
    But I thought we we’re discussing the options of who will / might play in the so called no,10 role
    Neither of the players mentioned play or could play in that position imo
    & yes I agree they all could do better both with & without the ball
    My point with Grealish is though he looks silky & smooth on the ball it doesn’t disguise the other aspects of his game,yes you may say he hasn’t had enough chances & he’s been out injured but it still doesn’t excuse his performances when he has played in whatever role he’s given,his standout performance so far was the semi final & rightly so,
    But I’m still waiting for his follow up
    Finally is it right to play him tonight against P.N.E after a couple of run outs in the stiffs,he’s had very little pre season due to England commitments & then got nobled in the friendly
    For me I’d go with O’Hare he’s played a lot of football in various competitions this season,had a full pre season & is champing @ the bit,shows tenacity,pace,can cross & play people in
    I do hope we’re still friends
    UTV

No Foxy, I’m probably not very good at putting my point across in text/writing. The tone of a post gets lost on these boards as well mate.

The ‘Ah, you just don’t get it at all do you Foxy? ALL players who have been out for a while, suddenly become world beaters and all of their past sins and inadequacies are forgotten/forgiven (note smilie) bit was my attempt at friendly banter, regarding the lauding, by some fans, of sh1te players who suddenly become Messi overnight when they’re injured or in the bomb squad or sold. E.g. Hutton, Given, Bannan as a prem player, Gabby, Bennett, Baker, Clark, Bacuna, RMC, Kozak etc.

Your analysis of Jack sits very well with me, for me it’s spot on, and I believe that he has had ample opportunities to shine. I also think that he should NOT start at PNE, O’Hara for me at No.10.
    My point was, even with his faults or weaknesses, he does add to the final third. Come Saturday (not tonight), if SB plays Jedi AND Whelan in midfield, then Jack could be challenging O’Hara for a place.
    The other players that I mentioned imo are weaker than Jack as footballers, but still get regular minutes on the pitch, in all sorts of positions; admittedly not at No.10. Even I don’t know where I was going with this bit.
    Onwards & Upwards

Exiled wrote about "putting Jack in the number 10 position where he can hurt the opposition". That's exactly what Foxy was warning us about with his tackle on the Forest player. LOL.

I like the O Hare/Hogan idea. Hopefully Bruce is trying it out in training.

Respect to you Exiled
    Onwards & Upwards Indeed
    Slightly off tack you haven’t reported on your recent VP tour
    N.B
    Cheeky remark Statesy😉
    UTV

Oh arh, two very senior citizens ganging up on an almost senior citizen.
    By that logic you pair of crusties, Kodjia shouldn’t play ever again after his red against Fulham, which DID cost us the game mmmmm

We looked better without Kodj unfortunately

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)