+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Want a good laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    If I understand the FFP rules properly, l think transfer fees are written off over the length of the contract. Let's say they are four year contracts for an example, that's £7m a year. So over three years that's £21m of the £39m loss allowed. Losses were around £9m last year so two years and only £9m losses allowed before they break FFP rules?

Only an example,but with the wage bill they may have bigger problems than late delivery of shirts and explaining how non trading companies can sponsor them.

Could make Club 9 Sports look like a sound financial institution this lot...
    I do get the feeling that something rotten is brewing over there H. I see that he’s now sent the word out to any businesses run by their fans to step up to the mark and become part of their supply chain. I hope some have long memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    If I understand the FFP rules properly, l think transfer fees are written off over the length of the contract. Let's say they are four year contracts for an example, that's £7m a year. So over three years that's £21m of the £39m loss allowed. Losses were around £9m last year so two years and only £9m losses allowed before they break FFP rules?

Only an example,but with the wage bill they may have bigger problems than late delivery of shirts and explaining how non trading companies can sponsor them.

Could make Club 9 Sports look like a sound financial institution this lot...
    Add in this dubious Doyen Sports tie up and things could get really tasty

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Abdi - £3,000,000
    Pudil - £2,000,000
    Jones - £2.6,000,000
    Reach - £6,000,000
    Van Aken - £4,000,000
    Noscore - £10,000,000
    And none of them would get in our starting 11.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I do get the feeling that something rotten is brewing over there H. I see that he’s now sent the word out to any businesses run by their fans to step up to the mark and become part of their supply chain. I hope some have long memories.
    There's unsubstantiated rumours of the club not paying bills on time to local suppliers, with these local suppliers complaining that they are a sh1t company to trade with. This was said on Porktalk. (Can't find post)

Staff leaving, made to leave. Morale shot to bits. this coming from a well known poster on Porktalk who it appears has just deleted his account

"I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has). But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial. Catering.

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love. At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

And its not Carlos."
    Last edited by blades58; 30-10-2017 at 05:20 PM.

i think the money and salaries theyve thrown at it to get in prem has completely shafted em now it hasnt paid off and their paying the price laying people off they really are a stupid lot down there would never have happened at lane our fans wouldnt have allowed it mind long may it continue carry on carlos haha !

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    There's unsubstantiated rumours of the club not paying bills on time to local suppliers, with these local suppliers complaining that they are a sh1t company to trade with. This was said on Porktalk. (Can't find post)

Staff leaving, made to leave. Morale shot to bits. this coming from a well known poster on Porktalk who it appears has just deleted his account

"I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has). But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial. Catering.

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love. At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

And its not Carlos."
    I’d heard about it but hadn’t seen this B58, I saw his post where he said he was going to stop going if anybody wanted his season ticket. TBF in my (limited) experience, Grandad is probably the last person on there who would write anything damaging about their club unless he had really been ticked off by something.

Either way, there’s no smoke without fire mate, some stories might be just crap or exaggerated, but new stuff is coming in from fairly reliable sources. It’s hard to figure what the end game is, it’s almost like people are just being peed off and pushed as far as they dare for no logical reason.

I’d heard about it but hadn’t seen this B58, I saw his post where he said he was going to stop going if anybody wanted his season ticket. TBF in my (limited) experience, Grandad is probably the last person on there who would write anything damaging about their club unless he had really been ticked off by something.

Either way, there’s no smoke without fire mate, some stories might be just crap or exaggerated, but new stuff is coming in from fairly reliable sources. It’s hard to figure what the end game is, it’s almost like people are just being peed off and pushed as far as they dare for no logical reason.
    Grandad is one of the cornerstones of Wednesdayite. This won't have come easily to him. Mixed feelings really. As much as I like to see them doing badly, when the hardcore, dyed in the wool supporters are leaving, its pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Grandad is one of the cornerstones of Wednesdayite. This won't have come easily to him. Mixed feelings really. As much as I like to see them doing badly, when the hardcore, dyed in the wool supporters are leaving, its pretty sad.
    Yeah same here, I’ve got Wednesdayites in my family so it’s hard not to have some sympathy... unless of course I think back to all the crap I’ve had off them for years since the day they pipped us to promotion. If I do, that makes their plight a lot easier to laugh at.

Yeah same here, I’ve got Wednesdayites in my family so it’s hard not to have some sympathy... unless of course I think back to all the crap I’ve had off them for years since the day they pipped us to promotion. If I do, that makes their plight a lot easier to laugh at.

FKB means the organisation Wednesdayite. The self appointed "true Pigs" who lorded it over their fellow supporters.

Imagine some of BIFA, with bigger mouths and ego's.

No, not a nice thought is it

F T P's .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast