+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: At the risk of sounding naive:

At the risk of sounding naive:

Queens have the opportunity to take this league by the scruff of the neck and make a real go of promotion.

After 11 matches, - we sit just 5 points behind leaders St. Mirren, and having seen most of the teams, - we really have a decent squad in depth.

It's easy to suddenly become complacent after back to back wins against the bottom two clubs, - but if we begin to believe in ourselves and become a little bolder in front of goal, I believe that a top 4 position is more than achievable.

Falkirk's defending on Saturday was reminiscent of Queens over the preceding 3 or 4 years, (passing the ball square across your own box is suicidal,) and I'm glad that we've eliminated that most basic of errors.

We would miss Kerr if he went back to St. Johnston - and let's hope that Jordan's injury is on the mend, - but starting on Saturday against Morton, - we need to begin believing that this league is for the taking, - especially as Jai Quotongo is out.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Queens have the opportunity to take this league by the scruff of the neck and make a real go of promotion.

After 11 matches, - we sit just 5 points behind leaders St. Mirren, and having seen most of the teams, - we really have a decent squad in depth.

It's easy to suddenly become complacent after back to back wins against the bottom two clubs, - but if we begin to believe in ourselves and become a little bolder in front of goal, I believe that a top 4 position is more than achievable.

Falkirk's defending on Saturday was reminiscent of Queens over the preceding 3 or 4 years, (passing the ball square across your own box is suicidal,) and I'm glad that we've eliminated that most basic of errors.

We would miss Kerr if he went back to St. Johnston - and let's hope that Jordan's injury is on the mend, - but starting on Saturday against Morton, - we need to begin believing that this league is for the taking, - especially as Jai Quotongo is out.
    Jardi nothing naive in what you are saying as there are no teams in this league which are head and shoulders above the others as has been the case for the last few seasons with the leaders running away with it. Queens should fear no one as we can compete with all the obvious contenders and a top four position is readily within our grasp as long as we believe in ourselves and concentrate on our strengths by playing our strongest team regardless of the opponents. With sufficient belief in our own abilities who knows but an automatic promotion place is not beyond our capabilities.

Spike, we are quietly flying under the radar and with the cup game this weekend, - we'll continue to do so.

With five home games in as many weeks after the next again cup match, - Queens have a massive opportunity to stamp their authority on this league and laying a claim for promotion.

Absolutely this . We have capable boys on the bench who will feel they should be playing . This is the difference on past seasons when injuries/ suspensions kicked in and the boys drafted in were not quite up to it. There are no teams we should feel we can't beat but I hope Naysmith keeps his nerve and attacks teams instead of worrying too much of what opponents have . I don't fear anyone but let's just keep under the radar as Jardi says.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 06-11-2017 at 05:06 PM.

I am more than happy that we are flying below the national radar and there are currently some excellent schemes to generate local interest in the Queens. A win on Sunday will no doubt heighten awareness which will surely help increase the crowds and enhance the atmosphere which are slowly but surely improving. Mon the South.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)