+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mister Lee at Nice : Part 2

I can't answer that question Animal. However, as much as I wanted rid in the past. The transfer window is shut so a new gaffer will have the same constraints as Hecky until january.

It would be pointless sacking him now. It sounds daft but the time to get rid was after his outburst in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I can't answer that question Animal. However, as much as I wanted rid in the past. The transfer window is shut so a new gaffer will have the same constraints as Hecky until january.

It would be pointless sacking him now. It sounds daft but the time to get rid was after his outburst in the summer.
    Pure speculation on my part but I don't see him here next season steve , just a feeling mate , nothing more .

I think it's started to run it's course myself .

I get what you mean Animal. All managers seem to have a shelf life. However, he clearly hasn't lost the dressing room or anything so I just hope we can hang in there now until january. Then Hecky or no Hecky. The next guy might have some sought of platform to build on.

Can’t see PC sacking him and if we’re near the bottom I can’t see other clubs coming in for him . I think he’s doing ok considering the constant turmoil round the club and hope he’s here for a long time

I was on the train home from work the other day and two lads got on at Wombwell and they were talking about being behind Hecky but were questioning some of his methods of late.

Another thing they mentioned was the lack of the Hecky chants at recent matches??

As things stand there are 5 teams worse than us (if you believe the old "league tables don't lie" argument). Come January I expect that number to have gone up. But if it's gone down, then I reckon Hecky will go. I can't see new owners cutting him the same slack that the fans do. I'd be sad to see that happen, but that's football these days.

The daft thing is that while we're all umming and ahhing about Hecky, there are probably clubs out there (and their supporters) who would happily take him on tomorrow. And yet after all he's done for us, we still question whether he's the right man for the job. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I was on the train home from work the other day and two lads got on at Wombwell and they were talking about being behind Hecky but were questioning some of his methods of late.

Another thing they mentioned was the lack of the Hecky chants at recent matches??
    Quite a few of these new lads have signed because of him and I think that's a key thing that's sometimes overlooked .

I just don't think he will be prepared to push custard up market hill for too much longer .

Bound to grind you down eventually , if things change with the new owners then maybe he will get a bit of his mojo back .

Who knows .

I think Hecky is very much in the same boat that Ritchie was in 2006. We didn't let him leave and results dipped and he was sacked. Hecky has remained loyal and rebuffed any speculation linking him with a move away, when perhaps he may live to regret it. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    So is it to help towards financing the club or going to be a private venture ?

We seem to be unclear on this part of the deal , can you shed any light on the matter ?
    Not sure mate , I believe the council are interested in developing the land around the ground , so it may be they want to keep their 50% if the takeover goes through . It’s quite a complex deal when you think about it

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's some strong facts that SB has put together and I would say fair play on his research , he was challenged on his views and he's come up with the goods to back his concerns up .

He may well be on to something with the new ownerships motivation for purchasing the club .

The thing is why would Mr Lee buy a football club at all ? , why not just develop land anywhere that's available ? why would you need a potentially financially draining product to sit a long side a very profitable venture ?

I also believe that in my opinion although I'm not questioning the fact that land will be developed that SB has overvalued it's worth , this is not the South Of France after all .

The local economy doesn't support the same activities as it would in the French Riviera , even any retail would be competing against a new town centre getting built as we speak to the tune of £140M .

All this of course against a backdrop of even less money floating around with what is occurring with the health of the country as a whole , not many people are investing here until they see where we are in two years time .

The prosperity of the club must have to fit in somewhere , as I say why would you have a monkey on your back when you are wealthy enough not to have one .

SB's views are very well put together but they don't by any means have enough merit to have you chaining yourself to the Ponty End car park railings on match days with an impending doom agenda .
    If you get it right the potential money out there is massive . These kind of people are always looking at how they can earn their next million.

I also don’t think you cant underestimate how these rich Chinese businessmen want to gain favour with the Chinese President who’s football mad and wants to build up the Chinese League . They want to build up a footballing network of clubs and move expertise and players around between them.

Who knows what will happen but it’s summat to talk about . What’s the other option, fan ownership or another businessman buys it .... but who and what’s to say they’d be any better .

Something has to change sooner or later .

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast