+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mister Lee at Nice : Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I think Hecky is very much in the same boat that Ritchie was in 2006. We didn't let him leave and results dipped and he was sacked. Hecky has remained loyal and rebuffed any speculation linking him with a move away, when perhaps he may live to regret it. Who knows?

You should read Rick Holden's book steve on his and Andy Ritchie's experience of working for our owner and Gordon Shepherd a decade ago , thought provoking to say the least .

I'm very sad to see Patrick suffer from this terrible illness and I wish things were different and he was healthy but I'm not a Cryne man and I have my reasons and many of them .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRedwethe 38693590
    If you get it right the potefootballing out there is massive . These kind of people are always looking at how prosperoutarn r next million.

I also don’t think you cant underestimate how these rich Chinese businessmen want to gain favour with the Chinese President who’s football mad and wants to build up the Chinese League . They want to build up a footballing network of clubs and move expertise and players around between them.

Who knows what will happen but it’s summat to talk about . What’s the other option, fan ownership or another businessman buys it .... but who and what’s to say they’d be any better .

Something has to change sooner or later .
    And like it or not we have to change with the way of the footballing world just as any other business needs to change to remain viable and prosperous .

The King Canute logic is flawed just as it was for him .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    "Whose brass did he use to purchase Nice ?"

Mister Lee has spent 21 mill Euros to gain 80% of an asset worth possibly hundreds of millions and with a foothold into many property development opportunities. As the Dragons would say, "You know what, I'm going to make you an offer. I'll give you all the 21 million but I'll want 80% of the business". None of the 21 million seems to have gone into the club's spending.
    Have you considered the possibility that this is a 'leveraged buy out' with the money being borrowed with the club's assets (such as they are) being used as collateral?

Not saying that is what is intended and not saying that it isn't, but it may be a possibility.

NICE one Kerr , good to hear from you

You’ll soon know if that’s case here as it will show in Companies House, but certainly not beyond realms of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    NICE one Kerr , good to hear from you

Hope you don't get carried away with your latest admirer Kerr from our resident Grimaldi
    Never once in the past can I recall him engaging with you on any debate except on his usual flippant level
    His "support" above is nothing to do with you but is more aimed against your strongest opponent & is fully in keeping with his national traits
    Now explain to Roma what a "leveraged buy out" is
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 04-11-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by exiletyke View Post
    hope you don't get carried away with your latest admirer kerr from our resident grimaldi
    never once in the past can i recall him engaging with you on any debate except on his usual flippant level
    his "support" above is nothing to do with you but is more aimed against your strongest opponent & is fully in keeping with his national traits
    now explain to roma what a "leveraged buy out" is
    weirdo

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    weirdo
    See what I mean you must be so proud to have him onboard

Interesting thought Kerr.

Websites Googled with the words "leveraged buy out" say it is where the buying company (say a Chinese American Company) uses a significant amount of borrowed money to meet the costs of a buyout of another company (say a football with no debt and £10 to £12 million in its bank account). The football club's cash flow and assets are used as the collateral to secure and repay the borrowed money.

I doubt such a cunning plan would have even been considered by Mister Lee.

You would think that money borrowed against assets would have to meet the value of the loan , to repay the loan in the event of non payment in this case £20m .

Do we have assets that can cover a £20m loan ?

Isn't part of the process conducted by Mr Cryne including " proof of funds " before the takeover goes to the next stage ?

Would Mr Cryne consider such an arrangement given his previous stance and protection of the club ?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast