+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 possible reasons why we are losing our way.

5 possible reasons why we are losing our way.

Reading through the forum, I have observed multiple different views and reasoning as to why the team is struggling to pick up points at the moment. Ranging from most of our transfers not being of the correct standard to a coach that is out of his depth.

Whilst I believe there is some truth in those reasons, I still believe that we have signed some very good players, some with bags of potential and 1 or 2 duds. TC is still learning what it means to manage in the Championship and I do think he will get it right if given enough time. Though I think the squad he has at his disposal is now showing to be a little bit lightweight

With the power of hindsight and because we are nearly 1/3 into the season, I would say there are 5 areas of the playing staff that we have failed to address sufficiently and now our performances are dipping as a result

1) GK - The transfers for this position have disappointed. I think it was right to replace Green but you would hope the signings would either have bucket loads of potential or be of a better standard than a 37 year old GK.

2) Bartley not being resigned - Failure to sign a CB that dominates the 18 yard box and opposition Strikers - Also someone that is a threat at set pieces. Pennington is a nice footballer but we don't need nice we need a tough nut.

3) Combative midfielder, someone that enjoys the dirty work of midfield. Had hoped that Anita was going to fill this gap not been used in this role yet.

4) Adequate replacement for Taylor - CBJ had disappointed. Beradi is a better right back than LB. I cant understand why we didn't sign a real replacement we had enough notice.

5) Selling Woods after the season had gotten underway. Very little chance of finding a good replacement and we are paying the price. Lassoga is struggling. Same old, when our main CF is off the boil we are lightweight up front.

I really don't think we are far off having a very good team and when the current team does click, we are very tasty and hard to live with but we all know the championship is a very physical league and consistent performance and settled squads are key to achieving anything.

Really hoping that we find our way again and soon.

Crap striker who can't win a header or hold the ball up.

No genuine left sided players.

No good centre back to play with Jansson.

Wiedwald is a donkey, luckily he has been dropped.

Ayling playing dreadfully.

O'Kane too soft.

Not enough players who get angry with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Crap striker who can't win a header or hold the ball up.

No genuine left sided players.

No good centre back to play with Jansson.

Wiedwald is a donkey, luckily he has been dropped.

Ayling playing dreadfully.

O'Kane too soft.

Not enough players who get angry with each other.
    Feckin neg head

Spot on tho joel..sadly.

No talkers on the pitch - We need a commanding Captain.

When can athletes perform at their best psychologically ? Its a key question asked by many coaches, athletes and fans.All of us recognise the lack of control we feel when we become nervous or how our levels of arousal can alter our reactions in certain situations so our team needs to be prepared better for when the chips are down - personnel on the pitch need to take more responsibility throughout a game.

Home advantage - Our players don't appear to be up for home games as anxiety seems to kick in & opposition teams play on this factor big time.

Aggression- Lack of it sadly as it is the traditional Leeds way & should be instilled into every player recruited by the club and woven into ALL tactical formations as that 'edge' is an important ingredient to controlling games.

To play for the team not just for ones self - to many Leeds players coming off the pitch just happy to have played well as an individual performance wise.

Maybe harsh but an honest opinion (constructive criticism) from me,yes we're a new squad,young too but 'responsibility' should now be part of this squads make up and I have not seen to much of it of late - pressure is bought upon ourselves more often than not and collectively that must stop.
    Good pro's have left us but hey ho now room for others to shine ..................
    MOT

Reason No.6
    9 of our 11 players in the last match were shyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Reason No.6
    9 of our 11 players in the last match were shyte.
    Careful, you'll get the "neghead" label.

Jansson not the same player without Bartley at his side, also Ayling ( also part of a tough defensive unit last season ) not on his mettle this season. Just think at the moment we need to have a settled team knowing their roles and consistently performing, seems to be working for the blunts.

We had a combative midfielder in Bridcutt and let him go. That was another mistake in my book. Keep Sacko sell Bridcutt???? wtf

1) You are Schite
    2) you are Schite
    3) you are Schite
    4) you are Schite
    5) You are Schite

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)