+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I don't remember this at all! What happened and where is that?
    I can find very little about this on the internet. The photo appeared in the Evening Post on 1st February 1977 and the caption read “This photograph shows a Barton bus which earlier today ended up in the River Leen having careered through the parapet of the bridge.”

I reckon it’s Derby Road, heading towards the QMC, just past the Rose and Crown on the other side of the road. In the background you can just make out Lenton Lodge, which used to be a gatehouse to Wollaton Park before part of the park was sold off for housing.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I can find very little about this on the internet. The photo appeared in the Evening Post on 1st February 1977 and the caption read “This photograph shows a Barton bus which earlier today ended up in the River Leen having careered through the parapet of the bridge.”

I reckon it’s Derby Road, heading towards the QMC, just past the Rose and Crown on the other side of the road. In the background you can just make out Lenton Lodge, which used to be a gatehouse to Wollaton Park before part of the park was sold off for housing.
    I am not understanding how people can draw comparisons between Joey Barton and Lee Hughes. Barton is a plank. Hughes killed someone in a car crash and ran away from the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Lee Hughes did the crime and served the time, he was not a habitual offender who just cant keep his temper in check, I had the misfortune to meet him a few years back in Magaluf and he was a total a@@hole who was looking for a row with anybody that walked past, his mates kept apologizing for him which just about sums him up.
    And I saw Lee Hughes on enough nights out to know he wasn’t much better.
    Hughes was one of the best players I’ve ever seen in a notts shirt, but please don’t have a misguided sense that he was a model citizen that just made a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    The **** will never be a footballer for as long as he has a hole in his arse
    He is/was a decent footballer just a sh-te human being, just because you don't like somebody doesn't mean
    they are not talented.

Lee hughes is a ****er remember the hand under the skirt when the fire alarm went of in the hotel. And a coward for running from that car.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    He is/was a decent footballer just a sh-te human being, just because you don't like somebody doesn't mean
    they are not talented.
    He has got no talent & my arse, a decent footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    He has got no talent & my arse, a decent footballer.
    I'm afraid you're talking out of your arse pete. Barton may not be a likeable person, but he is clearly talented as a footballer. You don't play as many games in the Premiership as he has without talent.

Thanks for adding sensible reply

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Hughsie made a mistake, Barton is a mistake.
    'Made a mistake'? Are you for real? We are talking about a murderous self-centred human being with an ego the size of Walsall. At least Barton never killed anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm afraid you're talking out of your arse pete. Barton may not be a likeable person, but he is clearly talented as a footballer. You don't play as many games in the Premiership as he has without talent.
    Exactly EP, Irish is making a ridiculous statement.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast