+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Enjoyed MondayA

Enjoyed MondayA

A friend and I went to get our tickets for the Cup game. While we were there we saw that there was a game in progress. An under23 fixture, Alex v Burnley.

We caught most of the second half. All credit to both teams, they put on a very entertaining game. Loads of effort. Well done to both teams. Plus nice bonus of a 2-0 win

Our views on the Alex display. Compared to the 1st team, what a difference.

On the whole we were a well balanced side with a midfield playing in their positions and doing what a midfield should do. All of our team were quick to close down the opposition instantly. Our movement was good. Passing and interplay was good. All in all an excellent TEAM display.

An absolute 100% improvement on what the 1st team puts on display

One thing I forgot to mention about this game, Kenny Lunt was in charge.

And yes, we had a midfield that functioned in the way a midfield should. Kept its balance and was there to assist in tthe balance of the whole team, including defence and attack.

To me this seemed more than a little strange when you remember that KL is the assistant manager to the 1st team. That very same team that for ages has a virtually non-existent midfield, leaving our team totally unbalanced. A midfield that is virtually not fit for purpose.

Wonder why there was such a difference? Strange?????????????