+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mistery person

ok lads, my application update.

Sunday - had my 5th interview. Getting impatient as there is is now frost on the inside of the caravan at Kinkell. Calor gas is running low and I need a decision before I buy a new canister.

Taxi down to the Old Course Hotel, and the same driver, now he confuses me with Super Ally and laughs out loud as he says I always thought you were a bam. Aye OK, very funny I say, I might be a bam but I'm not a Zombie. No tip.

So in I go, and ST is there on his 5th Latte. I say to him can you not make your mind up ffs? He says I was unsure but now I'm confused.

ok I say, what happened with Yogi? He says we don't know, we've sent the tapes away for translation.
    What about these rumours of Tommy Wright? I know I'm pushing my luck with this line of questioning because it didn't go well the last time.
    He says,what the guy who manages St Mirren? No, I say, that's Jack Ross. He says don't you mean Ricky Ross?

I light a fag and the barman looks a wee bit unhappy.

So, Stephen I say, the smart money is on Laurie Ellis. He pauses for thought and I think I've finally nailed him.
    Then he says who is Laurie Ellis?

So, I grab the moment and say I'm still available and want the job

He says, can you come back on Tuesday

Another cold night in the caravan beckons

Steve Evans in the back of the tully. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy87 View Post
    He was linked with us last time. Has a good record tbf although a slightly controversial character.

It's actually only half of Steve Evans on the back of the tully, the other half couldn't fit on.

I would have preferred Stokie Boy and i'm no kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I would have preferred Stokie Boy and i'm no kidding.
    Thanks for the vote GB.

To be honest I'm gutted, heading south empty handed. I hope the Mini metro makes it back over the border ok.
    I had my last meal, it's tricky doing beans on toast on a primus stove though. I got one side of the toast done when the gas finally ran out. I went to the caravan next door and asked if I could use their stove, some Hungarian guy answered it. I said are you who I think you are? He says aye it's me, Laszlo. He told me he'd been on the caravan site for weeks, had 7 interviews, so I wished him luck.

I've applied at Blackpool...........

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)