+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aberdeen Airport

https://www.scotsman.com/news/transp...rvey-1-4999815

As said in the OP. Its a giant turd. Now its official

Sticking the new bar in it will not polish the turd either. 5.50 a pint and 5 quid for a coke can sized beer is nae on

It also still flies to a very limited amount of destinations

Heard two of the biggest bugbears are the seats and the staff. Surely those should rank fairly low in the list of problems.

Fundamental problem is the lack of useful routes most notably Gatwick and Stansted.

Apologies if there are any one these pages but the taxi drivers are the rudest in the known universe.

Luckily I'm a city dweller so I always make use of the splendid airport bus service.

Depends what you want from your airport experience. My perfect airport would have an efficient security process, no maze through that duty free sh*te and the ability to produce a free seat within 30 seconds of looking.

I hate when you get through security and the place is absolutely mobbed. Which has been the case at Aberdeen and Stansted recently for me.

Always liked alicante airport. Plenty space to chill out and wait for your flight.

Extending it was a great success.

More shops and ridiculously bigger arrivals still leaves everyone scrapping in a corridor before they get on the plane.

I always heave a sigh of relief when the plane actually takes off.

This is not just Aberdeen but why do staff in British airports feel the need to shout at folk all the time?

One of my favourite Aberdeen airport stories is when I was travelling on the last Sunday in March and they had forgotten to change the clocks.

Most airports are terrible. The really big ones are giant shopping malls with an airport on the side.

Sorry, but I use it every month for work and find it pretty decent, especially since the renovations.

Are there things that could be better? Sure, however, the lack of people at security, and more to the point, the lack of scanners are one of these things.
    I get annoyed when we are held back coming in waiting for outgoing passengers to use the same corridor but again, hardly the end of the world.
    We should have installed electronic scanners for the immigration, but maybe that would have to change after brexit so no idea.
    All in all, i think its a great airport, in particular the lounge, which is very good.

Oh and as for the 2 quid to drop someone off, yes, pain in the @rse, but, half the price of doing the very same thing at Edinburgh......
    Last edited by awafaehame; 10-09-2019 at 03:19 AM.

Ah well, expect it to be £4 in Aberdeen soon.

I haven’t been to Aberdeen airport in my life. It’s something I can live with though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123