+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back in the playoffs

Back in the playoffs

7 unbeaten. 3 or is it 4 straight wins?
    6 points off autos with a game in hand.
    Looking good

Back to back away wins against Norwich and Leeds (within a few days!!).........I don't believe it!!

First of all let me say YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

How on earth.......

Poor, poor first half from Derby. One decent attack from DYS in which they ripped us apart and went 1 up. They had the better fo the game but didn't create any more chances.

2nd half, they were again better. Should have scored a 2nd but their CF put it wide when he should have got his and their second. After that neither side looked like scoring for a while then we upped the ante a bit and started to look dangerous. Cracking crossfield ball to Fozzy, sharp, low cross and Winnall did the rest. We then stepped it up again and although it was given and put away, I am not convinced it was a penalty. It was most definitely a foul but the initial knock was, IMO, just outside the box.

I am absolutely chuffed to bits to have beaten the DYS. Ecstatic to have won 4 out of 4 in October, 3 draws immediately prior to that. 7 games unbeaten..... but still......

They say that the sign of a good team is that they win games even when playing badly. Our 7 game run?

1. 1-1 v Brum and we were not very good at all
    2. 1-1 v Brentford and I am still not sure how they failed to score half a dozen
    3. 0-0 at Cardiff and IMO the only decent game we have played in this run
    4. 2-0 v Red Dogs in a game in which we didn't play well, scored after 24 seconds and could easily have been 3-1 or 4-1 down by HT
    5. 2-0 v Wendy and again we didn't play well
    6. 2-1 win at Norwich without playing like champions
    7. 2-1 win at Leeds in a game in which we looked mobile for about 15 minutes

Thankfully, I believe we can play better than we have and hope that we start to do it on a regular basis. We can't keep utilising these rearguard actions and hope that they don't score and we do.

Here the goals then.

Happy viewing

The radio commentary suggested we were fitter than them, is that how it appeared from the stands? That's a good sign, two of our last three promotions were earned in games where we outgrafted better teams and earned a bore draw or one goal win

Does anyone use the fotmob app? Instant score updates often before they appear on the sky printer and live tables and stats, particularly the stats it says we had the better of them throughout, is that not how it was?

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Does anyone use the fotmob app? Instant score updates often before they appear on the sky printer and live tables and stats, particularly the stats it says we had the better of them throughout, is that not how it was?
    I use Flashscore. Dunno if it's available in the UK though.

On this occasion I couldn't care one jot how or why!! We beat the ****...end of!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    On this occasion I couldn't care one jot how or why!! We beat the ****...end of!!
    I said it in a previous post, winning guarantees 3pts. Better than playing a side off the park and coming away with a point or less as we've managed plenty of times in recent seasons.

Let's hope Readings mini revival proves short lived!

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    I said it in a previous post, winning guarantees 3pts. Better than playing a side off the park and coming away with a point or less as we've managed plenty of times in recent seasons.

Let's hope Readings mini revival proves short lived!

You're up early Manx. the thrill of victory made for a sleepless night?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)