+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Dyche Effect

The Dyche Effect

Another Burnley player hails SD for maling him a better player- I hope the club are moving heaven and earth to keep him

I hope Dyche stays or you will have to change your username ..lol

I have trusted him so far and will continue to do so until he leaves

Mike Garlick said after the Newcastle game that Dyche is well looked after by the club and he hopes Dyche is here for a long time.

A strong statement from the chief decision maker who sounds in the mood for a fight to keep Dyche.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    A strong statement from the chief decision maker who sounds in the mood for a fight to keep Dyche.
    There is nothing else he can say really donz, I still don't trust Garlick though.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    Mike Garlick said after the Newcastle game that Dyche is well looked after by the club and he hopes Dyche is here for a long time.

I would hope he is well looked after, he must be the most valuable manager in the Prem. If any of the top six lose their man it won't make a whole lot of difference, any of those managers is expendable, they just appoint another top name and they stay in the top six, no harm done. If we lose Dyche we lose £100m in revenue a year, because no one else will keep us up. No other manager in the PL is worth so much to their club, on which basis he should be the best paid manager in the league, and if it was anything to do with me he wouldn't be far off top paid.

What could S.D be looking for......more dosh - bigger name fame.....money to play with - he should be well enough set (£) - has received plenty of acclaim for what he's done for Burnley....so what remains is how far he could improve "himself" - if he feels he has more but needs more to chase it - and believes that Burnley can't foreseeably get him there, then he gets that offer, whenever that is, and away he goes.....fairly obvious.
    But also think it depends on how much he's true to Burnley - he'll know well that we could have it tough if he goes, so would he put us in that position - then it's a different game to them than it is us - we're fixed - it's Burnley from beginning to end - but not so for them.....I never forget that !

Mr Nixon, who I have a lot of respect for, is basically suggesting that the "interest" shown to Sean Dyche recently has actually come from within Dyche's own camp. Apparently it was one of his own camp who contacted Sky - not Everton.

If this is true then I find it difficult to believe that Sean was not aware of this before the contact.

Hmm.

I must be one of the few who feels the club would still be able to remain a Premier League club if Dyche did decide to leave.

I hope he decides to stay if approached , he can enhance his growing reputation even further by taking us to a top 10 finish. A couple of quality additions in Jan would give us a great chance of achieving that.

I don't see our current squad of players crumbling if he did leave. There are other good managers out there who are more than capable of working with them in the Premier League.
    Last edited by thedonz; 01-11-2017 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    Another Burnley player hails SD for maling him a better player- I hope the club are moving heaven and earth to keep him
    Sean has mentioned that working with the players and improving them is one of his key responsibilities. There are several players you could mention who have improved under his tenure. Michael Keane was clearly one of these. SD got him from struggling to get in the Burnley team to capped England player. Sadly he appears to be going backwards at Everton at the moment. I think SD is very proud of his first promotion winning squad. The way they gelled as a group when they were tipped as favourites for relegation at the start of the season. That is the Dyche effect.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)