+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Scottish Messi

The Scottish Messi

Did anyone see him run through Preston defenders at the end of the game?

I suggest calling him Nessie

Yes!!

Nessie it is then. I did say several years ago that it's excists.

Yeah, that was fun to watch but it was only going to end one of two ways. He'd eventually lose control or run out pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Yeah, that was fun to watch but it was only going to end one of two ways. He'd eventually lose control or run out pitch.
    Or option 3 which actually happened he played a lovely little ball to the left side of the box and someone else screwed up.

He also had a lovely little exchange on the left wing probably with Adomah, where the Preston defenders weren't giving the chance to put in the cross. They did a good job of keeping the ball but eventually got frustrated and lobbed in a rushed cross that was easily dealt with and put us under pressure.

We need to learn when we've been gifted a 2 goal lead we don't need another goal, that is a luxury. The better teams in that situation would have played the ball back even as far as the centre back and let the move re build from the back. They needed the ball more than we needed the third goal.

You have to hand it to him really. He's one of the few survivors from our dismal Prem years, has got his head down, never moaned and gives his all when he's called upon. Could just squeeze into Villa legend status by the time he hangs up his boots.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Nessie it is then. I did say several years ago that it's excists.

Thought Hutton was excellent, the best that I’ve seen him play. He thoroughly deserves to keep his place for Sheff Wed.
    Dangerous situation for him really, as he’s now set his standard for the future. Not the standard that he has set for the last 6 years and 120 odd games.
    I wish him every success.
    'Go Nessie'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)