+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Notts ordered to pay Sheridan £125k

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    We would have had to pay him the remainder of his contract,
    Which is probably the basis for the award? He was less than a year into a 3yr contract - how much would he have been on? Let's say he did 1/6 of his contract so the £125,000 represents 5/6, that comes to £150k for 3 yrs or £50k/yr. He'd surely have been on for more than that even at this level so it is likely that there was a settlement - subject to non-disclosure which now has been broken.

Next time round I'll take up law and accounting.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Well he'll be able to buy his kids lots of f*** bl**** presents now with all the **** sh*** he's just earned.

Unfortunately there is employment law to contend with and the delay should never have happened if Trew had cared a toss.

Hopefully AH will appeal and delay the whole thing for a few months.
    Unfortunately it does appear that this is another hangover left from the Trew era. Having secured our survival in this league then this could be said to have been a cost for survival which I’d swallow and accept now as it proved installing Kevin Nolan was a good move.

However back then there were no guarantees that we would survive as a league club and to have a run as appalling as we did has seen many managers lose their jobs. RT should have sacked JS before AH even took over.

Strange, now people are seeing the Trew's in their true light. AH has been totally naive thinking he would win this one, then again he has a big ego, realise now there are some fights you cannot win, especially sacking a manager for abusing an official. Unfortunately it happens every week, even KN has admitted doing it..!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Even for an organisation as corrupt as the Daily Mail, fabricating a story about how much compo a League 2 Club have had to pay to a sacked manager would seem an odd thing to make up.
    Have they been fined or charged with corruption? did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post

Don’t worry mate, he is one of the remaining few Guardian readers so jealous of the circulation figures of the Mail

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    What, in general? Apart from being accused of printing sensationalist and inaccurate scare stories of science and medical research and of copyright violations (see the rest of the Wiki)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_...ainst_the_Mail

Other than that a totally reputable and trustworthy source of crud.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    What, in general? Apart from being accused of printing sensationalist and inaccurate scare stories of science and medical research and of copyright violations (see the rest of the Wiki)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_...ainst_the_Mail

Other than that a totally reputable and trustworthy source of crud.
    In hindsight 125000 quid well spent in my opinion as he was a waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by pedrolane View Post
    Strange, now people are seeing the Trew's in their true light. AH has been totally naive thinking he would win this one, then again he has a big ego, realise now there are some fights you cannot win, especially sacking a manager for abusing an official. Unfortunately it happens every week, even KN has admitted doing it..!
    A few if us were very vocal when it came to the Trews. However, we were shouted down by those that chose to take the freebies in the Meadow Club and have the 'luxury' of a seat next to PP whilst the Trews had their grubby little fingers in money that fans had donated - on more than one occasion.

Their 'legacy' was to saddle the club with more debt than Munto (without any of the success) and poison it from top down.

Another bill from their era shows we are still recovering from the damage the Trews did and what a remarkable job AH, KN and the team have done in such a short time.

Here's hoping we get through to round 3 and get a damn good home draw worth a few quid - they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Don’t worry mate, he is one of the remaining few Guardian readers so jealous of the circulation figures of the Mail
    As a true patriot Joe, I’m sure you’d join me in condemning the owner of the Mail in using his non dom status to avoid paying tax on a variety of assets and businesses in the UK.

Or is it just poor people who are “scroungers”?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    We always seemed to be on shaky ground given the time lapse between the actual offence and the sacking, and so it proved. The question is whether the £125,000 is what Sheridan could have expected to receive when he was sacked or if it's cost Notts a lot more subsequently.

Let's hope it doesn't impact our transfer dealings in January. Painful lesson to AH in always doing things by the book.
    Hang on - I don't buy that at all.

The article claims 23 days. Any company would take this long to get the legal department involved and HR to get the paperwork in place etc etc etc. 23 days is a very short timeframe.

Also....Mark Sampson (Englands Women Manager) was sacked recently by the FA after an incident from 3 years ago.

It clearly cannot be a case of time scales here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123