+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Notts ordered to pay Sheridan £125k

Notts ordered to pay Sheridan £125k

So the apparent six figure sum we saved not buying Liam Noble and getting him on a free has been offset by being ordered to pay John Sheridan.

A shame as that is money that could have helped strengthen the squad in January.

The problem was the time difference between the "f-you, you effing C incident", and the actual sacking......I tried this with one of my wives, 23 years after she flucked the milkman...It didn't work that time either

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    The problem was the time difference between the "f-you, you effing C incident", and the actual sacking......I tried this with one of my wives, 23 years after she flucked the milkman...It didn't work that time either
    Never mind. The thing is with wives, there'll be another one along in a minute.

So the LMA condones further the abuse of match officals !!! From the FA to the FL until there are changes we will never get a level playing field or a fair distribution of revenue. I'm a happy pie, but sad the way our game is being ruined. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    We always seemed to be on shaky ground given the time lapse between the actual offence and the sacking, and so it proved. The question is whether the £125,000 is what Sheridan could have expected to receive when he was sacked or if it's cost Notts a lot more subsequently.

Let's hope it doesn't impact our transfer dealings in January. Painful lesson to AH in always doing things by the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet1962 View Post
    So the LMA condones further the abuse of match officals !!! From the FA to the FL until there are changes we will never get a level playing field or a fair distribution of revenue. I'm a happy pie, but sad the way our game is being ruined. COYP
    It seems that way. It looks like the likes of Steve Evans and his sidekick will be able to continue their barrage of fouls language towards match officials during the games.

Who looks after and sticks up for the match officials? Granted they receive stick from fans but when at work they should not be subjected to such foul language and treatment from managers or any footballer for that matter.

According to Hardy, all parties were under strict confidentiality rules. How did the daily mail find out? I'm sure Hardy's lawyers will be looking into this, for instance, if it wasn't Notts who leaked it, then one of the other parties did, could they be sued for breach of contract for same amount?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    According to Hardy, all parties were under strict confidentiality rules. How did the daily mail find out? I'm sure Hardy's lawyers will be looking into this, for instance, if it wasn't Notts who leaked it, then one of the other parties did, could they be sued for breach of contract for same amount?
    Could the Daily Nazi have just made up the figure?

Well he'll be able to buy his kids lots of f*** bl**** presents now with all the **** sh*** he's just earned.

Unfortunately there is employment law to contend with and the delay should never have happened if Trew had cared a toss.

Hopefully AH will appeal and delay the whole thing for a few months.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast