+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton odds are shortening...

Aye BT, we have certainly been on a good journey over the last 20 years.

I will now say that, in my opinion, Sean is the best manager of the Clarets in my lifetime. Up to now it has been Harry Potts.

But, Potts benefited by,

The clubs Gawthorpe training ground, which was the envy of other clubs.

The brilliant youth set up.

The brilliant scouting network.

The maximum wage which meant that we could pay players as much as anyone.

We were already an established top division club when he took over.

I'm not minimising Harry Potts record in the least bit, but these were facts that made his job a great deal easier than when Sean Dyche took over.

Sean had to contend with,

A poor training set up at Gawthorpe. Which other manager would have sacrificed his players fund to prioritise this?

An underachieving youth set up. This is being addressed, and Barnfield can only help here.

We are slowly rebuilding our scouting network - especially on the continent, which has been neglected.

When he took over our budget was low - even by Championship standards. He made the very most of our under-performing players, and continues to work miracles within our budget (£35 million spent in the last 5 years?)

When he took over I don't think anyone would have predicted how the last 5 years have gone (probably not even himself).
    He stuck by his guns when he was being fiercely criticised in his first season - and the board stuck with him. Very rare to show that support in the modern age.

Everton fans say who they want as next manager.
    Sean gets 1.1% of the vote.
    Simeone gets 59%
    Looks like they will settle for Unsworth for now.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...-want-13881697

So Sean would have the fans on his back from day 1!

I'll bet SD thinks "Phew"!

He was never going to Goodison anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'll bet SD thinks "Phew"!

He was never going to Goodison anyway.
    The mirror seems to think it might still happen if they double Sean’s salary.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...dyche-11502262

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    The mirror seems to think it might still happen if they double Sean’s salary.

more Schite paper talk from a Schite paper.. He's going nowhere this season..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    more Schite paper talk from a Schite paper.. He's going nowhere this season..
    Release clause £3.5 million agreed and a basic of £77k a week is the latest news.

8/1 with Betfair and VC if you think he's going. Fill your boots.

Release clause £3.5 million agreed and a basic of £77k a week is the latest news.
    The release clause is a requirement of Sean’s contract so they take it or leave it. The basic is I think speculation which may be informed by Sean’s mates or pure guess work.
    It still seems to me that they will stick with Unsworth from what other sites say. Here’s hoping!

This story sounds like Sean’s mates getting the headline but the club still in a quandary

It's speculation that the bookies haven't picked up on OC, and they don't miss much. If there was the merest hint that he might be offered the job they'd react quicker than a rat up a drain, and he'd be odds on again, or they'd suspend the market.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)