+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton odds are shortening...

It is understood that while the Portuguese boss does want to open a dialogue with Everton, who sacked Ronald Koeman three weeks ago, he does not have a release clause in the two-year deal he only signed in May.

The Everton board are now believed to have made the former Hull manager their top target but the report says that any chance of sealing a deal is unlikely unless Silva kicks up a fuss at Vicarage Road or an offer is made that Watford cannot turn down.

Football Insider Verdict

Silva would be a good option for Everton but the fact he has only signed for Watford just several months ago mean that this deal would be very hard to get over the line. Burnley’s Sean Dyche is believed to want to hold talks with the Toffees while it would cost £2.5million to release him from Turf Moor, which is perhaps a much cheaper deal than one would be for Silva. That now looks like the most likely route for the Toffees to take, unless they are willing to give Sam Allardyce a chance, who is thought to want a long-term deal. Fans of the club may start to get twitchy if no progress is made by the time the international break ends.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...pproach-report

'Sean Dyche is believed'.

What a load of bollox, believed by who ? Somehow I just can't imagine Sean travelling to Merseyside and meeting Moshiri and Kenwright with a 'gis a job' sign hanging round his neck.

Everton told to forget Silva by Watford are now assessing their options and considering whether it is worth stepping up their pursuit.

They told Watford they would be prepared to pay around £8.5m to release Silva from the two-year contract he signed in the summer.

They could instead hand current caretaker David Unsworth more time before reassessing their situation in the summer.

Unsworth took charge of four games before the international break, winning just one of them, ironically against Watford when Everton fought back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 earlier this month.

The former Everton defender now looks set to still be in charge for Saturday’s trip to Crystal Palace.

They could instead hand current caretaker David Unsworth more time before reassessing their situation in the summer.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...ss-Marco-Silva
    Last edited by oldcolner; 14-11-2017 at 10:45 PM.

I'm with sinkov on this one. Dyche is ours until end of May at least.

I’m bemused by the number of Dyche stories in the media on this. I suspect someone keeps sending out press releases to keep his name out there. I also wonder why the club and Dyche don’t kill them off in the way Watford have done. All it takes is I’m happy here and want to take Burnley up the table.
    Instead we get daily drip feeds of this tosh. The only way they can know Dyche hasn’t been contacted is from the man himself or his media people.
    Come on Sean put this to bed. You’ll look stupid now anyway - who wants to be 4th choice.

The latest
    http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/15...he-as-manager/

No need for Burnley or Dyche to deny anything. Everton have not even made an approach. Just the usual media bollox IMHO.

I'm with BT, Sean, and the club on this. It's all media speculation, to comment on it is a waste of time, he can deny he has any interest in the Everton job but it still won't stop the speculation. It would just be 'Ah, he would say that, wait till he gets an offer to double his wages' and off it'd go again.

There's nothing to be done, he's our manager, Everton haven't approached him, that's as much as I need to know, what more needs to be said ? Absolutely nothing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    The only way they can know Dyche hasn’t been contacted is from the man himself or his media people.
    Come on Sean put this to bed. You’ll look stupid now anyway - who wants to be 4th choice.
    absolutely - Colner.....it's beyond pathetic (wherever that is) - get us out of this void - whats the difficulty, guy just has to be direct - without exception, an absolute and total denial of any interest in the Everton job.....the only reason he wouldn't IMHO - is he's a player, in on the game....The Dodgy Dyche.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm with BT, Sean, and the club on this. It's all media speculation, to comment on it is a waste of time, he can deny he has any interest in the Everton job but it still won't stop the speculation. It would just be 'Ah, he would say that, wait till he gets an offer to double his wages' and off it'd go again.

There's nothing to be done, he's our manager, Everton haven't approached him, that's as much as I need to know, what more needs to be said ? Absolutely nothing imo.
    I agree BUT the media tend to react to press releases and insider tips. I think there is no smoke without fire and it’s Sean’s mates using the matches as Nixon suggested some time ago. It’s clear Everton don’t want him so why keep resurrecting this and let Media know he hasn’t been contacted. Is he that desperate to leave? In the absence of any positive statement to the contrary I can only believe he is.

Nobody in their right mind who participates in football as player, manager, coach, chief executive etc. would ever say that they are not interested in moving on. The job security, particularly as a manager, is almost non-existent and you could be out on your ear at a moment's notice and, if you have said that you are not interested in a job you have shot yourself in the foot.
    It is not our business to know whether SD has been offered the job, whether SD wants the job, or is indeed interested in the job. It is a matter for SD, his current employers and any prospective new employer.
    I don't support a manager --I support a football club and have done so for 65 years which is almost half the lifetime of the club. At no time have the club consulted me about who should be the manager, which players we should sign etc. ---and they never will.
    Good luck to SD who has done a good job and, hopefully, will continue to do so in his own inimitable, professional manner.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)