+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton odds are shortening...

S.D has Never conclusively ruled himself out from any of the supposed interest - didn't with Palace - and hasn't now.....so true or not - he's seemingly happy with any advantage that could increase his value, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Sorry Sinkov but that won't wash with me.

Otherwise this agent would be constantly trying to find him a new job from very early on. And I still don't think Dyche would allow someone to contact Sky with this "interest" unless they checked it out with him first. I just think he has been found out.

I fear that Sean IS interested in moving on now - it seems to me a "come and get me" strategy.
    Sean has always said he WILL move on one day, never ever tried to deny it. As for a 'come and get me' strategy, he doesn't need his agent ringing Sky every other day, and and I doubt he either knows nor cares whether he is or not, his team are 7th in the PL on no money, that's the only strategy he needs. It doesn't matter what his agent does or doesn't do, when you're 7th in the PL you're going to be linked with every job that comes up, just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

S.D has Never conclusively ruled himself out from any of the supposed interest - didn't with Palace - and hasn't now.....so true or not - he's seemingly happy with any advantage that could increase his value, imo.

Quite right Norder, he's never ruled anything in or out. Imo we're in danger of overthinking the situation, I believe the situation is more or less as he describes it, he continues to do his job and if any offers come in, he'll listen to them, and decide whether to stay or go. And that's all there is to it, anything else is just fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Quite right Norder, he's never ruled anything in or out. Imo we're in danger of overthinking the situation, I believe the situation is more or less as he describes it, he continues to do his job and if any offers come in, he'll listen to them, and decide whether to stay or go. And that's all there is to it, anything else is just fluff.
    thats all very casual - Sinkov....10 games into the season, sitting pretty at 7th in the table - but it seems - we have an floaty manager who's ready to change course if he whiffs himself a more select situation.

thats all very casual - Sinkov....10 games into the season, sitting pretty at 7th in the table - but it seems - we have an floaty manager who's ready to change course if he whiffs himself a more select situation.

Clubs can sack a manager at a moment's notice, therefore, why is it thought unreasonable for a manager to quit at a moment's notice if another job with better financial rewards is offered?
    At the end of the day, managing a football club is just a job and, historically, the job security is almost nil.

Quite right Norder, that's the nature of the beast, there isn't a player or manager out there who won't move on for a better offer. It's a floaty business is football, that's why we managed to lift Wood and Taylor off Leeds, Tarkowski off Brentford, why Liverpool took Ings off us and Bolton took Coyle. We can't expect Dyche to be above all that, he's a decent enough chap, but he doesn't have a halo floating above his cranium.

Quite right Norder, that's the nature of the beast, there isn't a player or manager out there who won't move on for a better offer. It's a floaty business is football, that's why we managed to lift Wood and Taylor off Leeds, Tarkowski off Brentford, why Liverpool took Ings off us and Bolton took Coyle. We can't expect Dyche to be above all that, he's a decent enough chap, but he doesn't have a halo floating above his cranium.
    ....yes, it's a fickle game to be sure - Sinkov....though not so hard when you lose a player or two from the main eleven - can bring in a backup - as we did Pope....if in the window, can buy in from many - but managers, as we know, are a much rarer item and harder to replace - even more so if they were to bail on you at so early a time in the season.

Rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Clubs can sack a manager at a moment's notice, therefore, why is it thought unreasonable for a manager to quit at a moment's notice if another job with better financial rewards is offered?
    At the end of the day, managing a football club is just a job and, historically, the job security is almost nil.
    ....not going to run with an underperforming manager - Sub, job being to make a positive difference - and if for whatever reason they do decide to go of their own accord - then true, there's no rules to control how and when it happens - other than perhaps their own conscience to weigh in and calculate any adverse level of effect that their leaving could bring upon the club - so could use time to lengthen space and lessen the shock I suppose.....in which case - they would have known for a while and the perfect transition is already underway. Happy Days.

Allardyce still favourite with the bookies this afternoon which suggests any meeting he has had with Everton didn't go badly from both sides perspective.

The connection between manager Dyche and the football club Burnley FC is on a par with Ferguson and Utd, Clough and Notts Forest, Eddie Howe and Bournemouth.

It's going to take a lot to break that.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)