+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton odds are shortening...

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Super
    Why this is rumbling on is because Nixon’s suggests someone in Dyches camp keeps it burning and needs to stop.
    I just ask why they keep doing it?
    But how do you know they keep doing it OC ? Nixon mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, but there's no need for Sean's mates to keep pushing this story now, it's got legs of it's own. Whenever the next Everton manager is discussed Sean gets mentioned, not because his mates are pushing his name forward, but because his record with Burnley makes him an obvious candidate. He's going to keep on being mentioned for the job until it's no longer vacant. Just the way it is, and the next PL job that comes up, he'll be mentioned for that and the same circus will be up and running again.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    But how do you know they keep doing it OC ? Nixon mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, but there's no need for Sean's mates to keep pushing this story now, it's got legs of it's own. Whenever the next Everton manager is discussed Sean gets mentioned, not because his mates are pushing his name forward, but because his record with Burnley makes him an obvious candidate. He's going to keep on being mentioned for the job until it's no longer vacant. Just the way it is, and the next PL job that comes up, he'll be mentioned for that and the same circus will be up and running again.
    I accept he will get mentioned whenever a new vacancy comes up if only because the bookies will rate him. But this one has been running for four weeks and needs putting to bed. How do the press know Sean’s release clause? How do they know he hasn’t been contacted yet.
    The only person that will say that is the man himself or his minions. If he still wants it his mates will keep the pot boiling, if he doesn’t he could kill it just as Sam has done.
    The pot is still boiling and he won’t kill it, so he must want it.

I accept he will get mentioned whenever a new vacancy comes up if only because the bookies will rate him. But this one has been running for four weeks and needs putting to bed. How do the press know Sean’s release clause? How do they know he hasn’t been contacted yet.
    The only person that will say that is the man himself or his minions. If he still wants it his mates will keep the pot boiling, if he doesn’t he could kill it just as Sam has done.
    His agent will want it because it will mean a great big wadge of cash going into his pocket -- Sean staying at Burnley will be doing nothing for his agent's bank balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Sean staying at Burnley will be doing nothing for his agent's bank balance.
    Yes it will if he negotiates a better deal for Sean. Stories that Everton need to double Sean’s wages might link to that too.

Yes it will if he negotiates a better deal for Sean. Stories that Everton need to double Sean’s wages might link to that too.
    True, however, agents like to get money the easy way, whether it be football or entertainment, which, in this case, is touting Sean to Everton. He has to work to get Sean a better deal at the Turf.

They know he hasn't been contacted yet because Dyche says there has been no contact from Everton. When/if they ask permission to speak to him it will be announced by the club soon enough.
    Do the press really know his release clause ? They say they do, but come on OC, you can't believe everything you read in the papers, you know that.
    There is absolutely nothing for his minions to do now, if they really have told Everton he'd like the job, then Everton are aware of his interest, what else is there to say ?
    Sam killed it because he'd been talking to them, and decided to pull out. Sean won't talk about the job because there's nothing to talk about, how can he be expected to publicly turn down a job he hasn't been offered ?

Second offer said to be £10m turned down an Watford complain Silva is being tapped up.

Sinkov
    He has let this run for four weeks with several players who have supposedly been briefed by Sean on the situation speaking to the press asking him to stay. I’m not asking him to turn a job down but say something like After four weeks off speculation I confirm there has been no contact and I am happy at Burnley. That would stop all the rubbish and settle the squad and fans.

Instead he has spoken of leaving ... which suggests that is on his mind and of being flattered to be linked to Everton.
    If that’s what he wants then good luck to him, why not do a Moyes and say you are interested instead of all this underhand stuff.

Of course you're right OC, in that he could say he's happy at Burnley and he's going nowhere, but he hasn't. He has said he won't be at Burnley forever, which logically means he's open to offers, and when an offer arrives he will consider it, in the meantime he gets on with his job and refuses to respond to press speculation. He also has never asked for a long term contract, he has a 12 month rolling contract, again indicating that he is prepared to leave Burnley for a better offer.

All of this is common knowledge, none of it underhand, I can see why it might annoy you and other fans who would prefer a declaration of undying loyalty to BFC, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest, perhaps because while I expect he would be interested in what Everton might offer, I'd be amazed if he was happy to be 4th or 5th choice and would politely decline their offer. When the next big job comes along I expect him to be interested in that as well, doesn't bother me either, one day he'll go, I'm just happy that until that day comes he continues to do a good job for us.

Seems he’s now seen by the Press (or his pals) as the front runner. Some on here say he’s here for another 5 years, if that’s true then that’s great why isn’t he acting like it.
    Like you I don’t mind him going, and will await with interest what happens

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)