+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton odds are shortening...

Everton odds are shortening...

Dave's take on Monday night and beyond...

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/dyche-c...r-win/9166890/

my sources suggests bookies belive dyche will be at Bfc until end of season at least

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    my sources suggests bookies belive dyche will be at Bfc until end of season at least
    My sources suggest we all take a breather and just let Dyche get on with it...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    My sources suggest we all take a breather and just let Dyche get on with it...
    But then you get the tweet from Nixon which implies that all this 'paper talk', as Sean calls it, is emanating from Sean's agent. Does Sean know about this, or his agent simply doing what agents do, talking up his client's reputation, for use in future negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    But then you get the tweet from Nixon which implies that all this 'paper talk', as Sean calls it, is emanating from Sean's agent. Does Sean know about this, or his agent simply doing what agents do, talking up his client's reputation, for use in future negotiations.
    Just got back from a proper four day break with no mobile, no laptops and nothing happens to worry about. Read through 600 and odd emails this morning and Jeeeeez...!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You have probably hit the nail on the head, sinkov. This is what agents do because, while Sean stays at Burnley, his salary may increase but his agent will not be getting as much as he would if he could broker a deal to another club with all sorts of perceived 'add ons'
    No good worrying about what MAY happen, just get on with life.

Well, if Nixon is correct and the rumours of "interest" from Palace and Everton were started by the Dyche camp, then surely Dyche was aware of his agents actions, and he OK'ed them. Dyche doesn't seem the type of bloke who would employ someone to act like this (twice recently) without him being fully briefed.

So...does he want out or is he angling for a pay rise?

Not great either way - if Nixon is correct.

I'm not sure he would necessarily know 59-60, although as I've never employed an agent I don't really know how they operate. But isn't it entirely feasible that Sean employs him to look after his interests and lets him get on with it. Does he really have to clear every phone call, text, tweet and email with Sean first ? I'm sure if he tried to Sean would soon get fed up and say, you get on with your job and let me get on with mine.

Think Agent - think Added Value!

Small annual retainer - BIG slice when the serious action hits.

No action - no hits!

I had a very interesting conversation with an agent of a player who was at Burnley and went to Horwich. The lucre that moved for a very average player was awesome!

Sorry Sinkov but that won't wash with me.

Otherwise this agent would be constantly trying to find him a new job from very early on. And I still don't think Dyche would allow someone to contact Sky with this "interest" unless they checked it out with him first. I just think he has been found out.

I fear that Sean IS interested in moving on now - it seems to me a "come and get me" strategy.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)