+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US consortium

US consortium

Heard a couple of rumours that we’ve been in talks with a US consortium (guessing it’s the fella who gave us £300k). Anybody else heard anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Heard a couple of rumours that we’ve been in talks with a US consortium (guessing it’s the fella who gave us £300k). Anybody else heard anything?
    End of season all change by all accounts

Yea, they showed a real interest several months ago, then it all went quiet. Hopefully they have now reached a decision and can strike a firm deal to take the club over.

New manager and rid o Thomson , dinnae get my hopes up ffs

Stephen must go before United can recover.

Agreed Jim Jam

Serious party to be had when ST walks out the door :-)

So long as ST doesn't adopt a scorched earth policy where he extracts so much from the purchasers that there is nothing left over to invest in the Club and allow it to recover. We are where we are currently due to his decisions and he should man the phuck up and reflect that in what is now the true value of a Championship, not SPL, Club.

Yep. ST not just partly to blame but he is THE man in charge

2 (at least) successive seasons in the second tier. This is painful.

What can be the value of a business that has not made much of a profit as far as I am aware, that needs financial propping up to be successful and seems to have been on a downward death spiral for the last couple of years!!

imo if ST cared about the club he’d try to preserve it and walk away for a pound now to the most suitable buyer. If he said he was leaving for a pound and without seeking any loans etc I reckon we could be in a much healthier position.

It feels like life is being squeezed out of club at moment. Hope I’m wrong and it all turns around

According to Donald my USA source its,"Fake news."

You can’t Trump gunboat - FACT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)