+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton on saturday

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    True but this time last year we beat Partick 2-1, the team was,

Aberdeen Teamsheet: Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, Considine, O'Connor, McLean, Hayes, Jack, Maddison (McGinn 76), Rooney, Stockley (Reynolds 88).

Today it was,

Aberdeen Teamsheet: Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, O'Connor, McLean, Stewart, Mackay-Steven (Rooney 80), Arnason, McKenna, Christie, May (Maynard 90).

I don't think the team/squad was much better then than it is now,if you recall we were winning games around that time but not playing that well.Pretty much like we have been this season.
    It's a good point. The loss of Hayes makes a big, big difference though.

The EE report continually mentions the surface as if it was part to blame for a sh@te result

Sevco, Celtic, Hearts, Motherwell, and us have managed to win there already

Partick got a draw when they were bottom and QOTS who are keech grabbed a draw too

Only Dudee and Stenhousemuir have came away with nothing this season

Sean Wallace, just say it was a poor performance and conceding two goals to a sh@te team who have only scored twice or more twice this season (once against a bottom tier team) prior is not f@cking good enough and the pitch has f@ck all to do with it

Just watched the highlights on Red TV. That is some pretty poor, half-hearted, defending from Shay on their equaliser. Shades of Armstrong's Scottish cup final strike about it. He left Joe unsighted and gave Templeton time to pop out to get his perm tightened before picking his spot in the bottom corner.

It sounded like too many players weren't on their game yesterday. Yet we still ground our way into the lead (as we have done often this season). Frustrating as hell to throw it away so cheaply and so quickly.
    Last edited by bpdon; 06-11-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdon View Post
    Just watched the highlights on Red TV. That is some pretty poor, half-hearted, defending from Shay on their equaliser. Shades of Armstrong's Scottish cup final strike about it. He left Joe unsighted and gave Templeton time to pop out to get his perm tightened before picking his spot in the bottom corner.
    I really do Hate to say it but i've noticed quite a few of our goals we ship is due to Shay turning his back and standing off of players. Saturday the free kick he jumped out the way of the ball (should of had his heed, nose, chin whatever in the way) and the second was his typical turn his back and stand off the player. I'm beginning to see if it wasn't for his likeability, his attitude and constant celtic bashing there may be more murmurings of his actual ability, he certainly hasn't been that great this year id say, his defending this year has actually been ridiculously woeful.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I just don’t think we are as much of a threat this season especially out wide, which in turn negates the likes of May & Rooney.
    But I take on board that we’re ahead of points from last year but that said I think we’d played the Glasgow teams 3 times by this time last year? (could be wrong on that)
    After 12 games last year we had 23 points as opposed to 27 this year with a 7/2/3 results as opposed to 8/3/1 this year
    We had played Celtic home and away with Rangers at home.
    Our 3 loses coming from Celtic home and away and wait for it................. Hamilton away

We had scored 20 goals last years after 12 games, same as this year, but boosted by two 4-0 wins against Kilmarnock and Ross County.
    We'd conceded 11 goals last year against conceding 12 this year.

In terms of goals scored, were statistically the same threat as last year.
    I'm not sure about created chances, but certainly I feel we dominate more this year and are more likely to win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The EE report continually mentions the surface as if it was part to blame for a sh@te result

Partick got a draw when they were bottom and QOTS who are keech grabbed a draw too

Sean Wallace, just say it was a poor performance and conceding two goals to a sh@te team who have only scored twice or more twice this season (once against a bottom tier team) prior is not f@cking good enough and the pitch has f@ck all to do with it
    Last year we lost both games at Hamilton.
    I think the pitch is a factor to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Poor preparation from us perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Do we selectively choose not to prepare well when playing Hamilton at their ground?

Since they were promoted P8 W2 D3 L3

17/10/2014 - Hamilton 3 - Aberdeen 0 - Loss
    15/02/2015 - Hamilton 0 - Aberdeen 3 - Win
    12/11/2015 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 1 - Draw
    25/10/2016 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 0 - Loss
    28/02/2017 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 0 - Loss
    09/08/2017 - Hamilton 0 - Aberdeen 1 - Win (SLC)
    04/11/2017 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 1 - Draw

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Do we selectively choose not to prepare well when playing Hamilton at their ground?

Since they were promoted P8 W2 D3 L3

17/10/2014 - Hamilton 3 - Aberdeen 0 - Loss
    15/02/2015 - Hamilton 0 - Aberdeen 3 - Win
    12/11/2015 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 1 - Draw
    25/10/2016 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 0 - Loss
    28/02/2017 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 0 - Loss
    09/08/2017 - Hamilton 0 - Aberdeen 1 - Win (SLC)
    04/11/2017 - Hamilton 2 - Aberdeen 2 - Draw
    LOL, copy and paste and forgot to update the last score

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Maybe we should spunk a small fortune on a shyte surface at the new facilities

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast