+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chewed up Toffees

Chewed up Toffees

I have a hunch that Unsworth wont be handed the Everyon job- lets all think big Sam and their board will have to go for him-

Yes,it looks like the end for Unsworth.Another very poor display from Everton and now it won't be long before they come calling for Sean if Jabba the Hut doesn't want the job.. It will be a very interesting few days next week..

You have to think that Sam would want that job. Its a match made in heaven. He would get time and would I think make a top 8 side of them and give them a cup along the way.

I think Sean would be a better long term bet for them but he would not get the same proving time.

Sam's the man!

Sam has to pay back £2m to Palace if he signs for the Toffees and is reported to want a big salary whilst Santos Seems to have had an offer but prefers Wolves.
    Maybe a Unsworth will take Watford down and make us all happy.

However it seems the merry go round is starting with PSG listing several PL mangers for their job! Pochettino, Mourinho being two

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Yes,it looks like the end for Unsworth.Another very poor display from Everton and now it won't be long before they come calling for Sean if Jabba the Hut doesn't want the job.. It will be a very interesting few days next week..
    I think you are spot on Alf. Everton are a far bigger club than Burnley but they are in a right mess. Some of their fans are calling for a marquee name eg Ancelotti to come in and fill the breach. That is unlikely to happen though never rule anything out. Realistically they need someone to come in and organise their defence and try and find some kind of balance in midefield and attack. Sam and Sean are the most likely candidates. Taking over at Everton may very well be the fresh challenge that Sean relishes and if he goes I don’t begrudge him the opportunity

Brace yourselves! Dyche is now odds-on for the Everton job.

Apparently both the Toffees Chairman and the owner want him.

£2.5 million compensation all bagged up and ready to go!

Attachment 7078

This will be me on Monday...

Attachment 7079

Of course I have no idea what goes on in Sean's head, but the more I think about it the more I think he will turn Everton down should they offer him the job.

Certainly Everton are a bigger club, but so what, they're in the bottom three and they're a mess, he currently manages the 7th placed team in the PL, why does he need to get himself involved in a relegation battle ?

He'll increase his salary, again so what, is he struggling to feed his family on what he currently earns at Burnley, of course not. He seems to me someone very grounded, he's not going to be inclined to give up everything he has at Burnley for another few bob.

He'll have a lot more money to spend at Everton. Of course he will, but it's an illusion, what good will it do him ? Everton have bumbled along, just outside the top six, for years under Moyes and Martinez, Moshiri is putting his millions into the club in order to lift them to the next level, into the top six, challenging for the Champions League. He expects Everton to turn the top six into the top seven. He wants his manager to compete with Liverpool, City, United, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea, but they're light years behind those clubs at the moment. By our standards Sean might get a lot of money to spend, but it won't seem quite so much when he starts competing for players with those six clubs, and that's what he'll have to do. And he won't have long to do it, he'll have to turn them round this season
    and be into the top six next season, and if he can't do it, no problem for Everton, they'll sack him and find someone else to move them on to the next level. And that's the big danger for Sean imo, he's being set up to do a firefighting job, and once the fire's out they'll find someone else to rebuild the house, that's exactly what happened to Allardyce at West Ham.

Sean has said he's respectful of the position he has at Burnley, taking a job when you're out of work is entirely is different to accepting an offer when you already have a job, he knows the score, he'll be staying put.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Brace yourselves! Dyche is now odds-on for the Everton job.
    He was odds-on for the Palace job.

sinkov --as you have said, the owner is wanting Everton to get into the top 6 clubs and is willing to throw money at it, therefore, he may be looking at the fact that, at the moment, Sean has Burnley in 7th place with less resources than he would be given at Everton, therefore, he must be the man for the job, irrespective of the mess that is Everton at the moment.
    Whether or not he could turn things around this season would be open for discussion, however, the likelihood is that he would keep them up and then start to build as he has done at Burnley.
    He is a very confident man and has belief in his own ability. I hope that he does not go, however, ..................

That may be Moshiri's thinking Ss, if it is he's changed his mind, which he may well have done, he was originally believed to be pushing a list of 'exotic' names at Kenwright. But it won't have changed his expectation, which is that Everton become a club competing with the top 6, and Sean will be no more to him than a hired hand, if he takes them into the top 6 fine, if he doesn't he'll sack him and find someone who he thinks will.
    The bar has already been set by Moyes and Martinez, the problem now for any Everton manager is that 6th or 7th place and Europa League is failure. But to go beyond that you're competing with the top 6, and the vast amounts of money they can spend. Well best of luck with that, I know I'm a Burnley fan and obviously biased, but trying to look at it dispassionately, if I was a mate of Sean's I'd be saying to him, I wouldn't touch that Everton job with a bargepole, stay where you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)