+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans forum

Fans forum

Can't see any posts about this? Did anyone go?

Here is the link scroll down to full transcript of Q&A, it downloads it as a pdf file to your device
    https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/comm...ts-county-fans

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Here is the link scroll down to full transcript of Q&A, it downloads it as a pdf file to your device
    https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/comm...ts-county-fans
    One item stands out among the rest, namely the very pertinent question asking "Can the flush system be changed in the Family Stand toilet to make it easier for youngsters to push the button"?

It's hard to see how we can move forward as a club until this is resolved.

If I’m unable to attend a game due to work, am I able to lend my season ticket to my
    friend?
    No, you can’t.
    I would guess this happens at most grounds, it does at Notts & Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    One item stands out among the rest, namely the very pertinent question asking "Can the flush system be changed in the Family Stand toilet to make it easier for youngsters to push the button"?

It's hard to see how we can move forward as a club until this is resolved.

That question only deserved a bog-standard reply.

If I’m unable to attend a game due to work, am I able to lend my season ticket to my
    friend?
    No, you can’t.
    They're not going to advertise that you can do it as that would stop people paying for a matchday ticket but it's not something they police heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    They're not going to advertise that you can do it as that would stop people paying for a matchday ticket but it's not something they police heavily.
    I do as I now rarely attend. You pay for your seats pre-season which entitles you, or a person designated by you, guaranteed admission and seat to whatever matches are included for that particular season. The club don't lose money as you've paid in advance. If you don't attend the club still don't lose money as your 'reserved' seat will not be used. In short you have 'rented' your seat for an assured period of time and it is up to you who uses it, providing you don't profit by it.

friend?
    No, you can’t.
    The 'non-transferable' rule is a technicality that's difficult to police unless the swap is obvious (like a woman using a ticket with a man's name on it, or an adult trying to use a juvenile ticket), and even then the turnstile operator would need to show more diligence than I've ever seen them use.

Frankly, if a loyal adult season ticket holder can't make one game and decides to lend his or her ticket to a mate, the club would be mad to make an issue of it. An empty seat won't buy a programme and a hot dog, but a mate might. Plus, that mate might get the Magpie 'bug' and become a regular paying supporter in the future. Clubs need to remember that those who pay the piper ultimately call the tune, and I would imagine if they became over zealous in applying the non-transferable rule, they are likely to lose £300+ of season ticket investment, perhaps forever. As Freeman says, the club probably just has to say the technically correct thing officially.
    Last edited by jackal2; 05-11-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    I do as I now rarely attend. You pay for your seats pre-season which entitles you, or a person designated by you, guaranteed admission and seat to whatever matches are included for that particular season. The club don't lose money as you've paid in advance. If you don't attend the club still don't lose money as your 'reserved' seat will not be used. In short you have 'rented' your seat for an assured period of time and it is up to you who uses it, providing you don't profit by it.
    That's complete and utter rubbish. It clearly states in the terms and conditions of season ticket purchase that the ticket is for your sole use and is not transferable. As Freeman says, it's not heavily policed and I'm sure it's frequently abused, but the idea that you buy the seat and can then decide who uses it is plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's complete and utter rubbish. It clearly states in the terms and conditions of season ticket purchase that the ticket is for your sole use and is not transferable. As Freeman says, it's not heavily policed and I'm sure it's frequently abused, but the idea that you buy the seat and can then decide who uses it is plain wrong.
    Yes, technically you're right, and the club probably has to adhere to that in its official statements to meet its legal obligations. As I've said above, there are potential benefits for the club in not applying the rule too rigorously, but they can't admit that in public. Sometimes, it's better not to ask questions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast