+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Acido

Acido

I picked Shaw Lane Association Football Club's fixture as it seemed such a strange name. Did a bit of googling and found at they are from Barnsley. Looks like they have had a rapid move up the divisions since they were formed. Do you know anything about them as a local?

Probs a bunch of Barn Pots

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    I picked Shaw Lane Association Football Club's fixture as it seemed such a strange name. Did a bit of googling and found at they are from Barnsley. Looks like they have had a rapid move up the divisions since they were formed. Do you know anything about them as a local?
    To be honest Dave I haven't got the foggiest about them, as Im not from Barnsley or South Yorkshire even.
    Some of our older regulars on Tykesmad could tell you more about them though.

What made you support Barnsley then?
    I heard on the radio that they wanted to change names to Barnsley Town but your lot didn't want the competition!!

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    What made you support Barnsley then?
    I heard on the radio that they wanted to change names to Barnsley Town but your lot didn't want the competition!!
    Ive got family there Dave and I first went to see them in season 1980-81, and they have been my team since then.
    And btw where I live in West Yorkshire, Barnsley IS the nearest footy league club to me as the crow flies. (in case anybody says 'support your local club' etc ).
    Ive also got family in Leeds and I could so easily have been a Leeds fan, but for some reason I chose not to be and Barnsley under Allan Clarke & Norman Hunter at the time, became my team.
    Last edited by Acido; 04-11-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Good to see you on Nottsmad Acido even though I rarely post on there myself

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    Good to see you on Nottsmad Acido even though I rarely post on there myself
    Yes it was very pleasant on there Chalks, and we didnt mention Notts Florist even once.