+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: FA Cup - Notts v brizzle

Match Thread: FA Cup - Notts v brizzle

Actually really looking forward to this game.
    Win or lose I just hope we give It our best shot.
    if we have any dreams of getting to league one then this is a benchmark
    Thoughts ????
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-11-2017 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Made it the match thread to save multiple threads later ;)

I am not convinced 'benchmark' is the right term as I would fully expect Notts to strengthen. I suppose it would give us an idea of where we need to strengthen. If we win or lose it would have no bearing on what would happen. It would be like saying Lincoln City would be competitive in the Championship or Prem because they beat sides last season from those divisions. Look where they sit in League 2.
    I fully expect a close and entertaining game.

Six years since we last made it to the 3rd round, that's a long time. Hardy deserves a good run in this competition with Premier League opposition at some stage for what he's done for the club so far.

I just hope we take the competition seriously and field our strongest eleven. There is no doubt the FA Cup has lost some of it's appeal due to stupid changes made by the FA (I'm thinking such as ties spread over Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday to suit TV, semi-finals played at Wembley, 5pm kick-off for the final), but the prospect of Notts County making the third round draw is something I still find exciting.

No reason not to play our strongest side with our next significant fixture being 8 days away!

Disappointed not to have the game on tv. Where I am, they chose to show Hyde v MK dons .

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Disappointed not to have the game on tv. Where I am, they chose to show Hyde v MK dons .
    Just setting off for the game, good to see an unchanged team from Saturday. I wonder if Grant being allowed to play can be taken as a hint that Forest aren't looking at a recall in January?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Just setting off for the game, good to see an unchanged team from Saturday. I wonder if Grant being allowed to play can be taken as a hint that Forest aren't looking at a recall in January?
    AH said last week loan is for the season

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    AH said last week loan is for the season
    That's be great news - it gives a chance of promotion. Unless we get more goals from strikers we're going to need goals from midfield to keep accumulating points

Team

Fitzsimons

Tootle Duffy Brisley Dickinson

Hawkridge Yates Hewitt Grant

Stead Ameobi

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast