+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aren’t we doing well?!?!!

Aren’t we doing well?!?!!

Took us days to sack Ray even when it had been signalled we would do it.

Now 2 weeks since that decision was signalled

Are there any other clubs in the land where these processes are so drawn out???

Isn’t the ideal to plan for eventualities. Know if you have to go for another manager who is good and out there and be ready to act decisively and effectively

Only upside is at least Laurie Ellis seems capable enough - let’s just hope he can stake a claim for his own credentials and get us level with saints tomorrow

As long as we get it right that's all that matters but it does seem to be dragging on. Rangers seem to be taking their time also.

The main thing when appointing a new manager is the speed it's done?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The main thing when appointing a new manager is the speed it's done?
    I don't care if it's Xmas til we get the right man.
    This is arguably the most ***** managerial appointment since JYM left.
    I'd let Laurie go on a run of good wins playing good football & then give him the job on a permanent basis for his Xmas.
    Seriously tho you don't expect the club to make an early appointment just to appease impatient fans? When we find out we'll all be moaning anyway.
    There are loads of issues attached to this appointment, it is taking & will take more time.
    Nobody will be dragging their heels, the opposite I think.

Time is a factor. If were yogi Hughes (not my choice but he is a decent person) I’d think this was a Mickey take.

The public beauty contest - we’ll known who is being interviewed. Hughes at the moment in limbo and being given impression he is behind other candidate seeming Laszlo. How does that make him feel if he eventually does get job as second or third choice and then what does say to players

This whole process is drawn out and starting to worry we will end up calling Mixu back in 🙈

Surely the manager credentials are better judged by his record, experience and qualifications. Supplement with a sit down interview confidentially but after that should be apparent who best option is and then get them in

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Time is a factor. If were yogi Hughes (not my choice but he is a decent person) I’d think this was a Mickey take.

The public beauty contest - we’ll known who is being interviewed. Hughes at the moment in limbo and being given impression he is behind other candidate seeming Laszlo. How does that make him feel if he eventually does get job as second or third choice and then what does say to players

This whole process is drawn out and starting to worry we will end up calling Mixu back in ��

Surely the manager credentials are better judged by his record, experience and qualifications. Supplement with a sit down interview confidentially but after that should be apparent who best option is and then get them in
    Don't get what the issue is here? It's the media who are reporting about supposedly front runners, United haven't made any comment whatsoever! Sure, the club will have preferred candidates in mind, but it's pure guesswork for all those not directly involved in the recruiting process.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Don't get what the issue is here? It's the media who are reporting about supposedly front runners, United haven't made any comment whatsoever! Sure, the club will have preferred candidates in mind, but it's pure guesswork for all those not directly involved in the recruiting process.
    Correct A.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    I don't care if it's Xmas til we get the right man.
    This is arguably the most ***** managerial appointment since JYM left.
    I'd let Laurie go on a run of good wins playing good football & then give him the job on a permanent basis for his Xmas.
    Seriously tho you don't expect the club to make an early appointment just to appease impatient fans? When we find out we'll all be moaning anyway.
    There are loads of issues attached to this appointment, it is taking & will take more time.
    Nobody will be dragging their heels, the opposite I think.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Correct A.

Thanks J x

It seems that all of the so-called front runners are all out of work managers, and that interviews have taken place so it is slightly surprising there has been no movement.

Maybe letting LE get a tough match out of the way before the new man comes in.

No surprise TTT and Smeddurs are backing the club - they could serve up sh!te pieces in hospitality and they'd still say the food was decent 😜😂

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)