Let me state from the absolute outset that I am dead against any sort of abuse (outwith other football fans) , be it xenophobic , homophobic , racist, ***ist or whatever.

However, the latest wave of people of people coming out saying "so and so touched my bum in 1995 and I thought it was wrong" I feel are in the wrong themselves (as long as it is not Harvey Weinbergesque).

In those days, there was a different norm, and therefore people did not think anything of it. Back then, a touch of a female or male colleague was deemed acceptable, it is not now. To go back and compare todays standards and beliefs against the same beliefs and standards then IMHO is wrong.

I was born in 1965 and remember when a copper (for breaking windows, causing a nuisance, drinking under age, etc.) gave me a big clip round the lug and then took me home. Maybe now I should sue them for abuse, rather than applauding them for giving me a lesson in life (or more appropriately, not telling my mum).

As I said at the start of the thread, proper abuse is horrific and should always be punished, but there is a fine line between fun and abuse, but the culture back in the 80's/90's should not be taken to court in the 2010's.