+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Political Correctness or Correct

Political Correctness or Correct

Let me state from the absolute outset that I am dead against any sort of abuse (outwith other football fans) , be it xenophobic , homophobic , racist, ***ist or whatever.

However, the latest wave of people of people coming out saying "so and so touched my bum in 1995 and I thought it was wrong" I feel are in the wrong themselves (as long as it is not Harvey Weinbergesque).

In those days, there was a different norm, and therefore people did not think anything of it. Back then, a touch of a female or male colleague was deemed acceptable, it is not now. To go back and compare todays standards and beliefs against the same beliefs and standards then IMHO is wrong.

I was born in 1965 and remember when a copper (for breaking windows, causing a nuisance, drinking under age, etc.) gave me a big clip round the lug and then took me home. Maybe now I should sue them for abuse, rather than applauding them for giving me a lesson in life (or more appropriately, not telling my mum).

As I said at the start of the thread, proper abuse is horrific and should always be punished, but there is a fine line between fun and abuse, but the culture back in the 80's/90's should not be taken to court in the 2010's.

Aye I've had a few clips doon the lug from a bobby and deserved it.

Even got a slap by the ticket collector for jumping on the Northfield bus one evening never done it again ..

We took it and got on we it.

Just a we note back in the 80s I done a cooncil gas hearing job for a lass in Mastrick who fell aff a bus causing her to lose a leg.

Maybe not a bad thing getting a slap from that conductor that day lesson learned.

Agreed. The whole 'scandal sweeping Westminster' is getting extremely tedious. There is obviously more to that Fallon guy who quit as defence secretary because he touched a reporters knee a while back but all the bull**** stories from attention seekers are taking the limelight away from where it should be (on the more serious ***ual abuse that goes on).

Wouldn't expect anything less from our government and mainstream media though.

Of course it's all a load of *******s.

It's a smokescreen with Fallon though.

You'd think they'd learn, especially if you're defence secretary.

Olga fae the Volga strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Olga fae the Volga strikes again.
    I used to work with a Russian lawyer called Olga. An unbelievably fine specimen of the female race. I probably can’t say that nowadays.

Whereas, if the lawyer's name had been Ivan, you'd be encouraged to say how much you fancied him.

Edit : Unless maybe, if you're defence secretary.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 03-11-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Agreed. The whole 'scandal sweeping Westminster' is getting extremely tedious. There is obviously more to that Fallon guy who quit as defence secretary because he touched a reporters knee a while back but all the bull**** stories from attention seekers are taking the limelight away from where it should be (on the more serious ***ual abuse that goes on).

Wouldn't expect anything less from our government and mainstream media though.
    Shortly after the Weinstein story first broke there was an article on the BBC in which one of their journalists revealed that she had previously been 'harassed' at work. She had gone to dinner with an older male colleague (assuming his intentions were innocent) who basically revealed that he fancied her and couldn't stop thinking about her. Nothing physical happened and she apparently made an excuse and left.

Did her colleague display creepy and inappropriate behaviour? Yes. Was the incident worth mentioning in the same breath as actual assaults? I'll let you decide. But this is hardly a surprise in the age of 'microaggressions' and 'internalised misogyny".

This is fairly straightforward. Don’t be a creepy b’stard

I would agree Mason.

There still has to be room to chance your arm and take a knockback * without being labelled a creep though.

Let's face it, there's plenty creeps on the go.
    Real women are pretty good at telling then to get tae f'uck though.

* Obviously this has never happened to me

Why do these accusations like Weinstein, Saville, Spacey et al come out years and years after.

Well done to the people for not reporting and enabling it to happen on endless amounts of occasions after by not getting the creepy c@nts done at the time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast