+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings vs. Brizzle Rovers

Player ratings vs. Brizzle Rovers

What a game! Feared the worst after the first 15 mins, but an absolutely awesome performance saw us blow them away. Great passion and determination from the team, and a great atmosphere from the smallish crowd. I left the ground buzzing. Tough one to rate really as I'm not used to us being so good - I lost track of the number of good changes we created. And to think just a year or so ago we were struggling to register a single shot on target in 90 mins. What a turnaround.

Fitz 6.5 - doesn't command the area as well as Collin, particularly on crosses, but made a couple of decent saves
    Tootle 8 - this guy is class. Solid as a rock, decent on the ball, and gives his all every game.
    Duffy 6.5 - struggled a bit against Gaffney, whose movement was very good, but battled well
    Brisley 8 - great in the air, battled well
    Dicko 8 - another solid performance. Jones may have to wait to get his spot back
    Hawkridge 8 - unlucky not to score and looked confident on the ball throughout
    Yates 8.5 - two goals, kept possession well, a monster in the middle
    Hewitt 8 - never stopped running, a real presence in the middle
    Grant 8.5 - made one and scored one again. A class act
    Stead 8 - so happy he got on the score sheet. Ran his heart out up front and thoroughly deserved the standing ovation.
    Shola 8 - Shola's the man

Subs - not on long enough to rate, but Smith did a good job holding up the ball.

Not 1 gets at least a 9 from me , lets hope no players were asked to provide urine samples .
    Last edited by navypie; 04-11-2017 at 08:10 AM.

... well, just to add a spoiler, the cheat Duffy made his usual attempts at conning the ref by faking a facial/head injury. He really is a liability and lucky the other players cover for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... well, just to add a spoiler, the cheat Duffy made his usual attempts at conning the ref by faking a facial/head injury. He really is a liability and lucky the other players cover for him.
    Glad it's not just me that see this.

I've been told I'm talking *******s for suggesting this last week.

?

You mean professional players fake and exaggerate injuries to either get others into trouble or hold up play??

That’s just mental!

I'm not condoning this "gamesmanship" but it happens throughout the whole world of football. We've seen it many times on televised games and from visiting teams down t' lane, and raged at it, if Duffy tries it too and gets away with it he is no better and no worse than the top internationals or the Sunday league players. So how is he a liability? Or is this just another chance to knock Duffy?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I'm not condoning this "gamesmanship" but it happens throughout the whole world of football. We've seen it many times on televised games and from visiting teams down t' lane, and raged at it, if Duffy tries it too and gets away with it he is no better and no worse than the top internationals or the Sunday league players. So how is he a liability? Or is this just another chance to knock Duffy?
    I've watched world cups before and made a note of the number of times trainers come on for teams in the lead v teams behind in the last 30 mins.

It's unbelievable, you'd think the stat would be 50-50, but it's closer to 90-10! Medical science should be given the funds to research into this, how being ahead somehow causes injury??? (assuming it isn't cheating of course )

Tootle and Yates tend to go down like they have been shot but you won't see me arguing if it gains us an advantage.

Another chance to bash the scapegoat!
    Do you think Tootle was in as much pain as he was pretending to be when the Newport player was sent off?
    It’s a side of the game I hate but if you’re going to use it to bash one player, you’ve clearly got an agenda!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast