+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: v Sheffield Wednesday

v Sheffield Wednesday

According to the Villa website
    Kodjia, Onomah and Snodgrass are all injury doubts for today’s game. 🤕

Let’s hope for a miracle before kickoff. 😳
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 04-11-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Johnstone

Elmo
    Chester
    Terry
    Nessie

Snoddy
    Whelan
    Hourihane
    Adomah

Hogan
    Davis

O'Hare n Jack on the bench.

I like that side. No weak links what so ever.
    We really need to win this to keep in touch with Wolves and close the gap on 4th.
    Last edited by bongosdad; 04-11-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Well that didn't take long, 0-1 down 18 seconds.

Terry off with an ankle injury. Samba on

2-0 😭

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    I like that side. No weak links what so ever.
    Well Bongo, seems it didn't take Sheffield Wednesday long to uncover your imperceptible weak links eh ?

Still we've been further behind than this, & still lost !

Yes, you have to take the blame for this one Bongo. You did set us up to fail. I think our performance against Preston has given the team a bit of leeway and Wednesday's goals were taken when we were on the back foot. We just didn't have the nouse to to claw it back which is a bit of a concern. Hopefully the international break will give Snoddy and Terry a chance to get over their injuries.

I'm hearing Terry will miss almost the entire season.

We were beyond terrible today after looking so good in midweek.

I know Samba scored, but he was woeful on the goal. Suliman needs to be brought into the side.

JT has a suspected broken metatarsal so he's in for a lengthy layoff, it's unfortunate for Samba that the goal happened the minute he came on as he's had no first team minutes for weeks and played well the rest of the game. The greater worry is that Wednesday are not a great side but knew exactly how to contain us, their right back had Adomah in his pocket yet time after time the ball went out to him through Hutton (who had a decent game).

Hogan - why play him if you're not going to play it to feet, he worked his socks off and made great runs (reminded me of Rooney for England in Sth Africa). Can't blame anyone for the first goal but SB got it wrong in midfield today, we gave the ball away all through the first half which emboldened the noisy fans (credit to them for how they back their team) and made us lot really quiet in the stands.

Great to see JG back and O-Hare getting some game time, poor decision from SB to start Snoddy with cracked ribs - wasted one sub.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)