+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stagsnet

1-1 Shaw lane just scored!!! ha ha ha

That thread is quite funny.

I have to say I haven't ever thought of looking into red cards Mansfield have ever had against them.....that must take a certain level of sourness far beyond my imagination.

As with anything, when your side are **** it's easier to look for other reasons rather than the fact your manager has spent a ton of Radford cash building a mid table side.....

Rub of the green is drawing a side so far down the league pyramid no one has heard of them. Not players from other teams doing things to get themselves sent off by the ref.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    That thread is quite funny.

I have to say I haven't ever thought of looking into red cards Mansfield have ever had against them.....that must take a certain level of sourness far beyond my imagination.

As with anything, when your side are **** it's easier to look for other reasons rather than the fact your manager has spent a ton of Radford cash building a mid table side.....

Rub of the green is drawing a side so far down the league pyramid no one has heard of them. Not players from other teams doing things to get themselves sent off by the ref.

This ^

Ah, we have two threads on Mansfield. It should be 2-1 now. SLA just hit the post. The rebound went straight to an SLA player for an open goal but he was asleep, so the pub team managed to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Ah, we have two threads on Mansfield. It should be 2-1 now. SLA just hit the post. The rebound went straight to an SLA player for an open goal but he was asleep, so the pub team managed to clear it.
    Hi-larious!

..and now it's the sun's fault they're not getting their just desserts QUOTE FROM STAGSNET: "In our defence though we did have the sun in our eyes. Sun was right behind their goal and quite low could be a reason they grew into the game."

Could this be another Salford City match in the making?

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Hi-larious!

..and now it's the sun's fault they're not getting their just desserts QUOTE FROM STAGSNET: "In our defence though we did have the sun in our eyes. Sun was right behind their goal and quite low could be a reason they grew into the game."

Could this be another Salford City match in the making?
    Wasn't to be, was it? Danny Rose scored two cracking goals, how can he play for Mansfield? He should have been booked for some outrageous face holding when no-one had touched him though.

Still, Salford City was only two years ago and look how far we have come.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Still, Salford City was only two years ago and look how far we have come.
    Too true. The performance last night was at the opposite end of the spectrum compared to the Salford game. Incidentally, of the team that played Salford, only two, Hewitt and Stead started last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Too true. The performance last night was at the opposite end of the spectrum compared to the Salford game. Incidentally, of the team that played Salford, only two, Hewitt and Stead started last night.

Notts County
    1Carroll
    18HewittSubstituted forJennerat 82'minutes
    35Edwards
    44Sheehan
    31Audel
    33Opoku Aborah
    4SmithSubstituted forSpencerat 65'minutes
    16Noble
    25De SilvaSubstituted forCampbellat 56'minutes
    39McLeodBooked at 27mins
    30Stead
    Substitutes
    2Amevor
    9Spencer
    13Loach
    15Thompson
    24Campbell
    26Burke
    27Jenner

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Notts County
    1Carroll
    18HewittSubstituted forJennerat 82'minutes
    35Edwards
    44Sheehan
    31Audel
    33Opoku Aborah
    4SmithSubstituted forSpencerat 65'minutes
    16Noble
    25De SilvaSubstituted forCampbellat 56'minutes
    39McLeodBooked at 27mins
    30Stead
    Substitutes
    2Amevor
    9Spencer
    13Loach
    15Thompson
    24Campbell
    26Burke
    27Jenner
    No wonder we lost.

I can see the Stags' fans point as I've said it myself - we've had a number of home games that have been turned by a red card in the first half. This is just a fact. But in football you make your own luck, and we're top of the league because we've gained more points than any other team so far. To be honest I have no idea how many other teams in our division have had red cards for or against, or the number of penalties or near misses or whatever, mainly because I only really care about our results. Also, I don't remember a single Notts fan looking for excuses when we lost at Field Mill - we were all gracious enough to admit we were outplayed and outfought. But hey, if we play like we did against Rovers, we'd hammer any team in the L2. I just hope we can do that against the Stags at ML.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast