+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matej Vydra

Matej Vydra

Top scorer, hasnt put a foot wrong, yet is always first one dropped. Disgraceful really.

GET HIM ON THE F*****G PITCH, ROWETT.

Well Martin did score.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Well Martin did score.
    Hehe..Leon Clarke got 4 .shall we sign him

No, but can you really blame the striker, when the defense was sleepwalking very Forestesque?

No, but can you really blame the striker, when the defense was sleepwalking very Forestesque?
    Dont know whats going on with vydra but martin needs a striker close to him as his game is holding the ball up laying of and getting in the box. Midfield not getting close enough him either. Hes not going to play off the shoulder or run behind so if our tactics dont suit his style we have to cash in on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Salopian0 View Post
    Dont know whats going on with vydra but martin needs a striker close to him as his game is holding the ball up laying of and getting in the box. Midfield not getting close enough him either. Hes not going to play off the shoulder or run behind so if our tactics dont suit his style we have to cash in on him.
    Exactly. Martin is like our Darryl Murphy. Big in the box type of player. And forgive me for again comparing our 2 clubs.
    Put our Murphy all alone up front in away games, he's not going to make an impact, but partner with him with another striker like Des Walker's son today, and he's effective.
    Martin cannot be expected to be a Zlatan like player. he needs a partner. mark him, and the partner is free, mark the partner, and Martin lies in wait and will take the chance.

Exactly. Martin is like our Darryl Murphy. Big in the box type of player. And forgive me for again comparing our 2 clubs.
    Put our Murphy all alone up front in away games, he's not going to make an impact, but partner with him with another striker like Des Walker's son today, and he's effective.
    Martin cannot be expected to be a Zlatan like player. he needs a partner. mark him, and the partner is free, mark the partner, and Martin lies in wait and will take the chance.
    Problem with derby is if we put martin and another ( vydra or nugent) upfront our old midfield gets overrun.seems to work as a 442 with russell lawrence working hard defensively but we criticise if they dont score

I think Martin should only be a super sub. Nugent and Matej, with Winnall also in the fray.
    Great servant of the club, but I agree with you, Martin cannot be expected to carry the can upfront for 90 mins.

Martin will never fit with Rowetts style of play Don't forget when Rowett took over Martin was still at Fulham Pretty sure he was not in his plans only because Rush gave him a three year contract that he's still I agree cash in but can't see many takers to pay the money he's on Its wrong to say he needs a partner up front he doesn't he always played for us as the loan striker

I think Martin should only be a super sub. Nugent and Matej, with Winnall also in the fray.
    Great servant of the club, but I agree with you, Martin cannot be expected to carry the can upfront for 90 mins.
    ‘Great servant of the club’? Not for me.
    Two very good seasons and a very good signing, but for the last fif**** months he’s been either an embarrassment (behaviour at Fulham) or an expensive non achieving luxury.
    Questionable attitude too, according to some.
    Doubtful there are any ‘great club servants’ left in the top two divisions and Martin certainly isn’t one imo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)