+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: REACTION: "As a manager this is probably the hardest defeat I've taken."

REACTION: "As a manager this is probably the hardest defeat I've taken."

Warne's reaction and match report following FA Cup defeat at Crewe
    http://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk...ited_24426.htm

Even harder for the poor souls that spent time and money going to watch it

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Even harder for the poor souls that spent time and money going to watch it
    Perhaps we could have a minute's clap for them at the next home game

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Perhaps we could have a minute's clap for them at the next home game

one dose of clap per week more than enough for anyone

It reminded me of when he took temporary charge last season and we lost..he was nearly crying..and ive heard this interview and he sounded as if he could cry... I dont think hes made of what it takes to be a manager...ok when things are going well but not so good when the chips are down..when you get fined by one of your mates thats when the unrest can start...it all reminds me of kevin keegan..cavalier football, great to watch..but loses it a bit..I obviously hope im wrong though and want him to do well..hes a nice bloke, and been a great servant to the club..

Ffs
    Stop playing one way might help.

I honestly don't know what the staff look at when they go through the game to see where it went wrong.

Maybe he staff should be looking at themselves and not the players . Has Warney ever took responsibility for losing a game as he got the wrong tactics/formation/ players on the pitch or is it just the players fault?

What the defence get up to is criminal its all basic stuff. Sunday and junior league sides defend better than us, Come on EWarney sort it out or get someone in who can,

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Ffs

I honestly don't know what the staff look at when they go through the game to see where it went wrong.

Maybe he staff should be looking at themselves and not the players . Has Warney ever took responsibility for losing a game as he got the wrong tactics/formation/ players on the pitch or is it just the players fault?
    I reckon he thinks that the players didn't do as they were told to thus it's their fault. The match was unavailable to watch on ifollow so I can't say too much other than what we were told via comms.

The defending was described as catstrophic and calamitas.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Ffs

Each player is given the task of looking at a segment of the game and reporting back to the group for discussion.

All very modern and inclusive but above the heads of the Joe Mattocks ( bless him) and a few others.

In fact,it's nonsense in this environment!